I wonder how to make a high quality themed obby

I’ve created a few obbies in my time on here on roblox and I was wondering if anyone had any ideas of how to make a good themed obby that people are willing to play. The few I made in the past never got very popular. I could improve in my building and 3d modeling and maybe improve on texture work. I’m not sure what to create next, so some suggestions would be nice. Thank you and have an awesome day! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I leave you with one question, putting visual aesthetics aside for a moment: what is it about your obby that separates it from all the others?

The problem with most obbies is that the only thing interesting about them is their themes; the gameplay is basically the exact same throughout. Make up some new game mechanics that will make your obby both fun and unique.

I also strongly support your desire to make a high quality obby. There’s too many obbies that have tainted the genre with poor, almost meme-worthy graphics.

Good luck!

I said it in a previous post and I will say it again:

… The theme is not what people care about at the end of the day. What they care about are interesting game mechanics. Maybe shooter NPCs in some obby levels? Time limits? Things that make YOUR obby unique. Too much detail or theme distracts people. They just want to enjoy the game and get that rush of good feeling when you complete a level.

So, keep the building and styling simple. Try instead to make the design of each level more interesting.

1 Like