Ideas for in-game script editor

Hello! I am making an in-game script editor for a upcoming Roblox dev tutorial game.

The script editor will be for testing out what you have learned and following instructions.

If you guys want to test it out for yourselves:

Let me guys know what I should add and I hope you find it cool, I worked pretty hard on it.

!UPDATE! All Gui is now properly scaled

2 Likes

I tried to game on my phone just now and I’m telling you, the GUI needs to be scaled.

Well the game was never really meant for mobile, but I will try my best and let you know how it goes

Scaled. Although when you type on mobile in kind of zooms all the way down to the bottom so I’ll see what I can do about that

1 Like

Yeah I know that, but the GUIs should still be scaled. Not everyone has the same screen size as you, obviously.

1 Like

I know, I scaled it. Thats what I meant. I just updated it. When I said “Scaled.” I meant that I just did it.

I scaled it like you said, and I’m saying that there’s another glitch that I will fix.

2 Likes

Go to your phone, than look at the game again. it should be fixed or it should be better

2 Likes

So you worked hard on that?

1 Like

yes I did, I’ve never attempted something like this before and there’s a lot of things that I encountered that I did not know before. I also did mention that this is the first version, and there will be more updates to come. I asked for feedback and design ideas, and your comment is none of those. And frankly, that was just mean and you had no reason to post that.

You also have in your bio that you like “helping” people but that comment did not show that, At All.

1 Like

I’ll go check the GUI tomorrow, as I’m gonna sleep soon.

1 Like

Hi, I was wondering if this will be open sourced or if you can like make an very very simplified version of it. I am so clueless on how I should go about doing something like this and it would be cool if you like uhh you know had an like open sourced version of how you kinda done this

I’ve never done an open sourced project before, and I don’t really know how to, but I will 100% make this open source when I learn how to.

2 Likes

How do you convert strings into script?
I’d like to use it for a game

1 Like

This is the most where I asked the question. Be careful though, it can Make your game susceptible to exploiters and hackers

1 Like

Makes sense, but i think i could use some property of string to add a blacklist of functions and objects so they can’t be changed.

1 Like

Im pretty sure boat bomber(person who made Lua learning) made their own IDE and its wayyyy better than mine. I believe that they made it open sourced so you should check theirs out.

1 Like

You should make your UI look better. Also:

• Add intellisense, aka this thing image
  • Add autocomplete, so say for example you do something like this:
function GetCowsInPairs(cows)

When the user makes an indent, it should add an end) one line below it.

Also, add Syntax Highlighting.

1 Like