If I Use GetAsync twice, what is recommended amount of players?

I need to use GetAsync twice for some reason, so I need to know what is the recommended amount of players so that there’ll be no much error for the data store I am doing.

1 Like

By twice what do you mean? Like using it twice instantly, or using it for 2 different datastores?

Using twice instantly well, I’ve managed to solve this problem thanks to my friend, I now just use 1 GetAsync when a player is added.

For future reference, use the DataStore errors and limits guide to see how many requests you can do.

You can do 60 + numPlayers × 10 requests per minute with GetAsync.

No, it’s definitely not for “some reason”. If you need to use GetAsync twice, you’re more likely than not doing something wrong. What’s your use case and purpose for using it twice in a row?

Though it seems you’ve resolved it down to 1 call as mentioned in the solution. In that case, please explain your original problem and the solution that was given, rather than saying “solved nevermind” and marking that as the solution. Others may come across this thread with the same problem and they’ll have nothing to work with because of a blank solution.

2 Likes

Yes, OP please read this post about the “XY problem” concept so you can avoid it in the future.

(It was actually written by @colbert2677 himself… what a coincidence!)

Making a table inside a table then saving it to SetAsync?

Sufficient enough. Still don’t know the original problem though.

For those who are curious, OP resolved their problem by using tables better. You can save tables, as well as table entries. What I assume OP did was something akin to this:

local Data = {
    EntryA = someValue,
    EntryB = {
        EntryC = somethingElse,
    }
}

DataStore:SetAsync(otherKey, Data)
5 Likes