IKControl Joint Constraint [Beta]

Man I really need a full release anyways good update tho :+1:

Yes, it does. It supports any rig that is joined with the Motor6D weld type.

1 Like

I think there should be an option to reset it in its original state

I haven’t tested IK with animations yet though, does it like allow for interpolation/blending between animations and IK?

There is crazy potential in this updated version

No way! Now I can finally fix the weird legs Footplanting in my script!

1 Like

Amazing! This is exactly what we needed for a long time. :laughing:

Does this mean the .Pole property will become deprecated in the future?

This has nothing to do with Pole. Well, it somewhat does, but Pole still has useful functionality. If your joint bends to -45 and 90, the pole can make it bend to the 90 side instead of the 45 side.

1 Like

Yes, IKControl.Weight allows that.

1 Like

Im trying to use an IKControl to create a squid, but its over 3 parts in the chain. if i create 3 ikcontrol instances it collapses in on itself https://gyazo.com/1375447b6d277549f3974bfea3feddb0

Can this be fixed?

Amazing update, I was wondering when this was going to be added. Took a bit of tuning to get it to look decent.

Do we have an eta when this will leave beta?

3 Likes

Hi, you can use a single IKControl, they work with any number of parts in the chain. Simply set ChainRoot=The first part and EndEffector=the last part. If you have multiple ikcontrols for a single chain they’ll fight between themselves during the solve step which will cause the behavior you’re seeing.

1 Like

We don’t have a specific date but are working on the feedback provided by the community and we’ll try to exit from beta asap.

This is so excessive for developers and for multiple things like joint controls to have this added

2 Likes

I know right? I only found out about this change today and I can’t wait to mess around with and see how it can be used!

1 Like

How would you make it so it’d specifically work with anyone sitting in a seat, maybe for a driving wheel too?

IKControl has an “Enabled” property, so you can toggle that on and off whenever the characters sit in the target Seats.

2 Likes

Do you have an approximate time though? Week, two weeks, two months? I’m in a situation where it would mean a lot if I knew.

Great addition by the way!

How would you put the IKControl in the Character though, in advanced, so it’s there while running a game session?