I'm a little curious, how would I do such an effect like a screen-break?

Honestly, I want to attempt to create a guard-break look for a game I am creating, and making it somewhat similar to this (of course it wouldn’t be close to this level, but I’m talking about the general concept of the screen breaking, and hopefully it can be tinted to remove the effect after a few seconds.

(I feel so dumb, I never posted the video.)

Breaking glass-green screen - YouTube

with parts or a spritesheet you can make bits fall from the screen sure, but you won’t be able to emulate the contents of the screen falling separately in nonuniform bits like that, viewportframes wouldn’t be able to handle it.

It’d be fine it was controlled bits, but how would I do the parts method?

you’d want to rig a bunch of wedges together into an animable model, parent it to the clients’ Workspace.CurrentCamera to client render it, then play animation. Positioning it to consume the whole screen will be tricky but doable.

Here is a nice looking method that I found:

My issue with this is that, isn’t it required for something to hit that part to make it shatter?

Never mind, I looked into the module and I feel dumb about saying that. Although, how would I position it to completely to take up the screen?

local Part = Instance.new("Part")
Part.CFrame = workspace.CurrentCamera.CFrame
Part.Anchored = true
Part.Transparency = 0.5
Part.Color = Color3.fromRGB(19, 88, 89)
Part.Parent = workspace.CurrentCamera

workspace.CurrentCamera:GetPropertyChangedSignal("CFrame"):Connect(function()
	Part.CFrame = workspace.CurrentCamera.CFrame + (workspace.CurrentCamera.CFrame.LookVector*1.5)
end)