I'm lagging so much in every ROBLOX game I play (2,800 Ping!) Help!

Does the high ping happen in another game?
If not, the server should be lagging, so it’s not a bug.

If the problem is on the ROBLOX platform, try un-installing then re-installing ROBLOX.

Happens to other servers, i’ll play a game to see if the problem is still ongoing, and simply yes, the high ping also happens to other games, i played dread, super striker league, etc.

Edit: Just tested, the ping is still high. I could try @ThatNormalDev 's solution and see if it works.

Yep, it still happens. I hope it gets fixed tomorrow, this overload ping issue is making me unable to play games.

The live outage of this ROBLOX down detector website has a red marker on where i’m near, just gotta believe they’ll fix this probably tomorrow.

https://downdetector.com/status/roblox/

1 Like

This is probably your PC or the internets you connected to. Many people play Roblox just fine so it does not really make sense that some people get a large ping and others don’t.

I live in philippines, the percentage of server connection than the reported website and log-ins are 90%, hope they’ll fix this, it’s been 3 days since the high ping.

2 Likes

To be honest, I’ve been playing a while and it never happened to me, maybe it’s the server you are in, try using a vpn to connect to other servers.

1 Like

yea this have been happening for months i dont really know how to fix it sad

The ping is fixed for now, if you go to a website called roblox down detector, it’ll detect the reports and outages of live map, i live in the philippines and when i clicked on the philippine flag, around 90% reported cases was the server connection.

Hopefully they fixed this in other countries too, not sure if it’s completely fixed yet.

yea i saw the map where i live is perfectly fine is probally the server it will probally get fixed soon

Whenever I use WiFi, my ping is always insanely high but that’s most likely because my internet is used massively in the house meaning lower download speeds etc. Ethernet is perfect for me though so maybe it’s just you are far away from your router or maybe you’re experiencing interferences due to your WiFi band and other’s in the neighbourhood.

1 Like

Please read over the OP before replying.

Desktop runs fine? Is it connected via an ethernet cable? If so then you can connect your laptop via ethernet to see if the issue persists, if not then it may be hardware level issue.

Oh, I get this problem almost everyday, every other game is fine except for roblox. And for Roblox, I just simply use a VPN to the high speed internet countries near me, for example, if you live in indonesia, you can connect to Singapore. My average ping without vpn is 10k-13k

2 Likes

Keep the network info open (the place where you can see the ping) and check the request queue size whenever the ping rises. I don’t know what they exactly did, but I used to have to wait for 5 minutes for all assets to load before playing. Now I have random assets popping in every minute or 2, sometimes raising my ping to whole 1 or 2 seconds.

1 Like

Experiencing the same issue, ping is perfectly fine in all other games and fine in other things, my ping goes to 2k+ in ROBLOX though, I have been experiencing this issue for 1-2 weeks now, and it occurs in EVERY ROBLOX game.

Update: After trying it with a VPN, it fixes the high ping issue, we shouldn’t have to use a VPN for roblox to be playable though.

2 Likes

True, Roblox should be playable without VPN, I had to spend money for VPN, this is bad. Also, I dont wanna waste my money on VPN just to play a game

2 Likes

I always have this issue, I have 300-400 ping and I have perfect connection, just seems like the ROBLOX servers are not good enough.

This is not always the case.
One factor is your internet. Another is the server region you’re joining.

(correct me if i’m wrong) but ROBLOX automatically tries to fill you into a server with your region. This is out-prioritized when joining a friend, so you may have a region far from you.

Please file a new issue if you are seeing significant/persistent ping-related issues

High ping can be caused by so many different reasons that it does not make sense to cover all those cases forever under this bug report. This thread is from 2018 so any issues the recent posters here present likely have a different cause