I'm losing my mind over this script [SOLVED!]

Good, but I think totally the opposite… The code I suggested achieve the goal in less lines and not using Remotes.
Fixing a wrong approach doesnt makes sense to me when it can be done better… Are we really reading and understanding or just trying to fix?

I like debates, not trying to be rude or something

1 Like

remove the admin in line 19 so that it is Events.KickPlayer:FireServer(Subject)
The reason why it kicked you qas because the server end reveived it as (Player,Admin,Subject) the 2nd arg being the admin instead of the subject

I’d say @Dev_Peashie is right in saying that it’s better to suggest additional changes that fix other problems or otherwise make the code better instead of just fixing the problem the user asks for help with. Checking whether the player using the kick command is an admin should be done on the server (which Dev_Peashie’s code does) instead of doing it on the client. If the server doesn’t do this check, an exploiter that is not an admin can kick any other player they want to kick.

2 Likes

On the line right above :Kick() could you try "print(Subject.Name, Subject.Parent.Name)

Also is there any reason youre getting all the decsendants of the Players folder, instead of just the exact players?

I have now, thank you so much.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.