I'm trying to make a simple train - Please help

I have been trying to make a train that just makes a a few turns and stops at one station, then loops back around again and goes to the same station and stops. But I need it to be a smooth ride and it needs to be compatable with the new physics update: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sR8Uqx3bW8I Please help me and explain what I need too do, I am not very experienced in scripting.

1 Like

I attempted to make a train when getting into studio, this place is imperfect but its a start that you can dissect:

2 Likes

I made a train with hinges too but I realized it was too laggy

1 Like

Yeah you dont need real wheel physics or rope physics. You can basically make a series of points that each traincar navigates around

2 Likes

Please do not create duplicate topics. Maintain your old threads. Being explicit about your use cases and putting all the details down helps to solve your issue.

I have noted your previous topics on this issue down below for reference.

Scripting Support is also not the place to ask for code. Asking for directions is fine, but in the end you should also try to gain an understanding of the concepts taught here. I would say that prior attempts would be nice to have, but the above two threads already contain them as far as I’ve seen.

3 Likes

I never asked for code, I asked for guidance.

2 Likes

My apologies for misinterpreting your intentions (and for going off-topic), however that does not negate the main point of my post. Please maintain one thread for your scripting questions, do not create duplicate threads.

You are free to discuss with me further in a private message about my post if there’s any other concerns.

1 Like