[Important] Right to Erasure - Action Requested Message from roblox

I got this message on Sep 26, 2023 and I have just now seen it. I’m not exactly sure what this totally means and how to do this, I’ve done a bit of research and I don’t exactly know how and what I’m supposed to do.

I’ve looked into the Developer Hub links but I’m having a hard time understanding what the form stuff is saying because I’m not a very good scripter. I’d like to know what I can do to remove this player ID from any potential data stores within my game that has been requested to be removed

Im not to sure if this is the place to post this or not but if it is not, please tell me and i will delete it

This is the message:

Hi Dev,

We received a right-of-erasure-request for the following User ID(s):

(the id, if you need it tell me)

Please delete this User ID immediately from all of your records (e.g. games, data stores, etc.) from the following Game(s):

(removed for reasson) (if you need the games link tell me)

This is an obligation under data protection laws. If you would like more information about how to delete a User ID from a data store, please visit our Developer Hub at Data Stores | Documentation - Roblox Creator Hub , GlobalDataStore | Documentation - Roblox Creator Hub and About GDPR and CCPA | Documentation - Roblox Creator Hub.

Please note that you must delete the User ID from all of your records, and not just from your data stores. The pages linked above are provided for informational purposes and are not intended to provide a comprehensive method of deleting User IDs.

Regards,

The Roblox Team

Did you add any data stores in the game ID it lists?
If not then you don’t have to do anything about it.

(these messages get sent to you even if you don’t have a data store in that specific game)

If you did then let me lead you to this quick tutorial

I find these requests very annoying. I get alot of them and don’t understand why roblox just doesn’t remove the ids out of the datastores themselves.

2 Likes