In-Experience Portal vs Sponsor ads - Which have better engagement?

Invested ~14K Robux on a Sponsored Ad.

It’s pretty much day 2/3.

Guess what? Everything stated under this topic happened to me either.
The very first 10 MINUTES were a total shock - nearly 200 players out of nowhere are now playing my game? I’m absolutely paralyzed. Minutes pass, and I realize something weird. EVERY SINGLE SECOND THE PLAYER COUNT DROPS. DROPS DRASTICALLY. 150… 100… 70… 50… 20… AND 0. Now, after this incident, the concurrent players number never reached anywhere higher than 15. I refuse to believe the “people” that were playing my game weren’t bots.

Right now, I have a CTR of 1.46%, 193K impressions and 0.01 CPC.

Any ideas?

1 Like

How are the game stats? If they are good enough then the game should enter algo and boost the players back up. In terms of advertising the game I would do through other sources like tiktok or youtube. If you still want to sponsor then I would try narrow down your target audience and run a sponsor that targets that audience which should give you better results. Apart from that the whole ad system is broken and very inconsistent.

The game reached around 2.5K visits. The stats are, for some odd reason, very bad. Average session time of 5 minutes and 20 hours of total playtime. I definitely won’t decide to sponsor my game ever again. My next attempt will be reaching out to a YouTuber/TikToker or advertising in the old classic way.

Yeah sponsoring may have ruined your stats. However it could have also been your game? Maybe players aren’t enjoying or are getting bored after 5 minutes. Since sponsors are just a tool to get your game out there however if the game itself is lacking in some areas then you should try and fix that. Find the stats that are below average and work on improving them, then run another sponsor and see how it goes.

I would also do the same before you reach out to youtubers since you may get the same results (A
spike in players and then back down) I would get friends to play your game and let them give you feedback. Hope this works out, good luck :+1:

My friends indeed DID try out the game, and just like many other players, told me it was fun. Without even me asking, many of them used to play for straight up half an hour or so because they simply enjoyed it.

I would ask them to give feedback on any flaws and things that they didn’t find that fun, since that’s the main thing that should be focused on. You should try to ask the people in the community too, like testers, developers, etc to play the game. (Just to get unbiased feedback since sometimes friends give good feedback just because they are your friend :sweat_smile:) I believe there are some discords that do testing mainly to find bugs but they can also give good feedback in terms of gameplay. I would also recommend trying to find your target audience and sponsoring to those players and see how that goes it may yield better results. Hopefully this helps

1st off, not only my friends have tested the game, but also actual people that clicked on the sposnor ads, who also gave positive feedback. 2nd off even if they didn’t, trust me, my friends would definitely straight ahead tell me my game is trash if they will mean it.

I just checked out your game, I don’t want to stray off topic from the original post so this will be my final reply on it. I see that you’re game requires at least 2 people to play which could be why the playtime is low (a player joins and has no one to actually battle against and leaves). Possibly adding a bot to play against if you are solo.

Another thing is there’s not much reason to come back to the game, other games do this by having daily rewards, daily quests, Spin wheels etc that give players a reason to come back. Give players a reason to come back and reward them for doing so.

Making the game more satisfying, when you kick maybe emit a little particle and show the progress to the next foot as you kick to give players a sense of progression.

The gameplay itself is very boring, after a couple of kicks/ eliminations it gets quite repetitive. You could add modes that play every so often or a map change, possibly adding abilities too.

Small things you can do like display the MVP of the current battle, and make it play a sound and have a UI saying there’s a new MVP. This is also gives players a reason to keep playing as they want to be the best in the lobby.

Hopefully this feedback helps. :heart:

Thank you kindly for the helpful feedback! Although, I disagree about the fact it doesn’t have a reason for a player to come back neither that it’s boring.

First off, as you have probably noticed, there’s a “roadmap” presenting all the feet to unlock by gaining “kicks”. On the other hand, I was thinking about a spin wheel you would be able to spin for points you would gain by daily login or Robux.

Second off, in my opinion the game doesn’t get repetitive due to constant unlocking new types of feet. New feet also mean new ABILITIES, for example “Anime Foot” lets you teleport behind the enemies’ back, or “Freeze Foot” allowing you to turn your enemy into an ice cube. Besides, game modes would indeed diversify the gameplay.

Anyways, I’m glad for this piece of advice. I will surely implement your ideas to the game and let you know the results of re-advertising the game :heart: .

1 Like

I might need to re-post this, since it started off as one thread and became basically another. Does anyone have any more evidence of play botting happening in portal ads or any other ad type?