In-Game Emotes Menu

i had forgotten to turn on the property in starterplayer!

Not sure if it’s intended but the emote wheel seems to be permanently disabled after using ApplyDescription() from the server on a player and setting equipped emotes via HumanoidDescription or renabling EmotesMenu doesn’t seem to do anything.

3 Likes

Hype for emote wheel, hopefully the animations are good.

In extension to this:

The emote icon doesn’t show up not when just forking the Animate script, but when just replacing it with a ModuleScript (and yes, the ModuleScript is being required). Would this be considered a bug? Or is replacing default scripts with ModuleScripts unsupported?

1 Like

Are you only using the SetEquippedEmotes() API and not the SetEmotes() API?

Can you provide a code sample for this?

Looks like I actually got it work now, needed to set both of those on the initial application when using ApplyDescription otherwise it seems to disable outright.

getting user outfits and applying to a rig
local function GetUserOutfits(player)
	local success, result = pcall(function() return HttpService:GetAsync("https://avatar.rprxy.xyz/v1/users/"..tostring(player.UserId).."/outfits") or nil, true end) -- recommend using your own proxy
	if success and result then
		local outfitList = HttpService:JSONDecode(result)
		local Humanoid = player.Character:WaitForChild("Humanoid")
		local userEmotes = Humanoid.HumanoidDescription:GetEmotes()
		local descEmotes = Humanoid.HumanoidDescription:GetEquippedEmotes()
		if outfitList.data and outfitList.total then
			for _, outfit in pairs(outfitList.data) do -- current limit is 50
				local newRig = ServerStorage.Outfits.R15:Clone() -- dummy rig if you want to have a display preview of the outfit
				newRig.Parent = player.Outfits
				local success, result = pcall(function()
					return Players:GetHumanoidDescriptionFromOutfitId(outfit.id)
				end)
				if success and result then
					newRig.Humanoid:ApplyDescription(result)
					newRig.Humanoid.HumanoidDescription:SetEmotes(userEmotes)
					newRig.Humanoid.HumanoidDescription:SetEquippedEmotes(descEmotes)
					newRig.Name = outfit.name
					-- after that you just fetch the newRig in some other function if you want to apply to player, something like:
					-- Humanoid:ApplyDescription(newRig.Humanoid:GetAppliedDescription())
				end
				wait() -- delay to load outfits on rig
			end
		end
	end
end
1 Like

I think it would have been better if you implemented it in like the /e wave or /e cheer commands.

I think in the near future R15 is going to be the requirement.
R6 is already phased out and i dont see too many games with it.

1 Like

You can still use the /emote or /e command if that’s what you prefer.
The emote wheel is just an extension of this!

E.g. Emote Wheel -> Hello and /e hello do the same thing.

1 Like

Ah, thanks for telling me this. I didn’t know about this feature!

1 Like

Can we have a hot-key to open emotes soon? I need a quick way to do my T after winning fights.

They removed the key-bind after feedback, though I believe it would’ve been better if it were made optional instead.

3 Likes

Is it possible to add your custom emotes that you have made by yourself into the Emote Menu?

1 Like

You can read the original post for details of how to add your own emotes to your game.

If you’re referring to UGC Emotes, that’s not a thing- but likely will be in the future. As stated at RDC:

We want to reach the point where we’re making nothing, and everything’s made by the community.

2 Likes

@TheGamer101

Hi, where can I found Code that controls Emote Wheel?

Is there anyway I can disable this on games or add it?

Yes. The answer to your question can be found in the Original Post. I suggest reading the OP as-well as searching a topic before asking a question.

Thanks for answering my question. I’m extremely tired but now I figured how to disable it with your help. Have an amazing day!

My experience with emotes so far is that they are a bit annoying to use. I would like it if users would be able to set a shortcut for the emotes button, as I don’t like having to move my mouse all the way to the top whenever I want to use an emote.

I would also make it so that they are looped. Whenever I want to tpose on someone, I have to keep reactivating the tpose emote after the arms go down. It would be nice for it to loop until the player moves or uses another emote.

3 Likes

Any plans to make the UI button fit in more with the Roblox Topbar HUD? It doesn’t make sense for it to be filled in, instead of outlined.

Also I would appreciate a way to hold more Emotes, but of course I understand why it’s limited.

I do think it would be nice to have an optional keybind to set that when you hold a key it will open the menu. Maybe it could be changed/toggled in the Roblox Menu

5 Likes