In-game live limited tracker?

have this idea, where like the NYSE stock market in New York City, there’s a bunch of charts that live update with the price and rap changes as traders watch. On each of these GUI’s there would be a single limited, the price, rap and value. The price, rap, and value would update as soon or almost as soon as the item price/rap/value changes. I just wanted to know if a system like this would be possible.

It’s possible if you have the proper API endpoints. Rolimon’s has an API to do this if you don’t have a proxy to your disposition.

If you do have a proxy and want to create your own integration, you can do so with these endpoints:
https://catalog.roblox.com/docs#!/v1

For the part about live or nearly live updating, I don’t think there are any ways to get a signal when the page updates so you are going to have to check the price every so often, like every 30 seconds or so. 2 times a minute is not going to make you hit any limits so you should be okay in that regard, however if you’re creating hundreds or even thousands of requests a minute, there’s a good chance you’ll reach the limit, however so do be cautious while implementing it and use your budget wisely. If you hit your budget limit, it can and definitely will error because Roblox tends to go down and their APIs do fail from time to time, so be sure to implement pcalls and whatnot to ensure your whole system doesn’t mess up when it inevitably does fail.

As for visualizing it, I assume you want a line graph like so:

If so, you can implement your own method using atan2 for creating one point to look at the next, there are many posts on that. If you are okay with using open-sourced modules, though, you can use #resources:community-resources, I’d probably use the one by boatbomber which you can use here:

Let me know if you need additional help, I’m not the best with math but I’m more savvy when it comes to working with API endpoints and data but I’ll do my best to help.

@Luitenantcolonol Following cody’s elaborate and informative response, I would recommend using roproxy to access the API.

Simply replace roblox in the API URL to roproxy.

Speak English! Lol. Sorry that I don’t understand your terminology, I am a simple builder. But this concept does peak my interest and I’m glad that you’ve figured out a way to do this. If I need something like this done in the future, could you do it?

I understand that it wouldn’t be possible for the graphs/rap/price/value to update live but could we have updates maybe every 30 seconds or less? Or would that exceed the limit?

Nope, 30 seconds should be okay, I don’t know what those endpoint limits are specifically but if you’re only tracking a few items at a time you should be fine.

Do you think that you would be capable of scripting this?

Probably if I had enough time.

I’m not saying I want you to do it now, or in the near future. I just wanted to know if it can be done, and someone who could do it. I believe we should keep in touch should I ever put this plan into motion, I don’t believe I’ve ever seen this concept in-game before and I believe that it would be a great addition to the Roblox trading community. Chances are I won’t speak of this again until the end of summer break when I come home from vacation. Hopefully we’ll still be in touch then!

I’m not open to doing commissions.

Unfortunate. Do you know of anyone that could complete this as you’ve described?

Do you believe that you could accomplish this task?

No, and I don’t think hiring on the forum is allowed apart from #collaboration. Check out the talent hub instead.