In need of some monetization, and gameplay support

Simplifying it may be for the better. Although it may be tough to recreate it all, it should create a better gameplay learning curve.

1 Like

@TheHyb @Intended_Pun @VitalWinter @K_iyo @UnRandomizing

Do you guys think that its best that we make the first dropper automatic, rather than manual? The second one right after it is automatic and free? We’re thinking of just making the first one automatic so that both of them are automatic.

To not give the impression to players that the droppers will take forever thus taking forever to beat the game.

Perhaps if you have manual droppers, they would give a better output in terms of currency, but an anti-macro should be put in place. The first one should be automatic to let players know what’s happening and then later on you could add manual.

Fair enough - that’s the plan!

Honestly, the tycoon idea is really overused. I’d suggest keeping the name (remove tycoon of course), but going for a different styled game, as the map itself doesn’t look that bad.

It’s just really difficult competing with the already well known tycoons, and if your tycoon hasn’t become popular yet - and you’re 7k in debt as-is - I’d suggest looking for another way to go about the game.

But if you’re really down and set on this tycoon game, do something extraordinary that really stands out. Best of luck to you.

1 Like

Fortnite is the most successful game online right now. NONE of the products they sell help you win the game. They are all social items and cosmetics. The gaming experience is becoming more and more of a social task, people tend to care more about appearances than actually winning.

ALL of your products are to help players win easily. Advancing in your game is not very rewarding so there isn’t much incentive to pay to win.

Too raise your income you need to fix three things.

• Most important, make your game feel more rewarding. You can do this through flashy GUI’s, small rewards, or larger public displays for those who grew their factory. Your tycoon is slow and easy to win, you just sit there. There is no challenge or need to pay to win and even when you do win it doesn’t do anything special.

• You need to switch gears and sell some cosmetic or social items. Make your game a place where friends can talk or compete and you will see the gameplay become longer.

• Finally you need to raise your prices, the vast majority of your products are under $100 Robux. Look, players have money to spend, its ok to charge a little more. It also makes what the player buys feel more valuable to them when it costs more. They are more likely to spend a longer time in your game if they invested more money. In no way am i saying remove all cheap products, you should target as many demographics as you can, but you should have options for people who are willing to spend more.

Do these three things and your revenue will increase.

4 Likes

Considering that your game is on the featured sort, has a fair like/dislike ratio, but has a low player count, I get the feeling that your icon and thumbnails may be one of the issues.

Also your logo doesn’t seem very marketable. At a glance, I don’t see the word winter.
I did a comparison between a grayscale and blurred image to show you which parts stand out the most (R RLAND TYCOON)

4 Likes

You could save money on commissions by grabbing youtubers to play your game.

Agreed.

We’re commissioning @KxraDraws to create a new icon and thumbnail and such.

We’re hoping to get this done for Friday, as we want to launch a major update then and potentially reach out to the mobile/tablet community via ads.

Roblox played the game on stream, although that wasn’t much of a big help.

Currently in touch with Kreekcraft to see if it’d be possible for him to play it. I know as a given fact, once Seniac see’s the game, he’ll play it.

Oh!
Have you guys already messaged me about the commission?

Oh yeah you guys did, nevermind haha!

Yep! @planefreak34 has messaged ya :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Hey there, thanks for the whole list of suggestions :stuck_out_tongue:

In terms of more cosmetic game passes, what’s your thoughts on different types of gear passes?

For example… “FUN PACK!” and it’d come with a bunch of gears for the player to enjoy and kill others with.

Let’s say “FUN PACK!” would cost 100 robux or so… let me know if you think it should be higher/lower.