In what order does roblox load game instances?

You can write your topic however you want, but you need to answer these questions:

1. What do you want to achieve? Keep it simple and clear!
    I would like to know the “order of how assets load” in roblox.
  2. What is the issue? Include screenshots / videos if possible!
    I cannot really find anything about this
  3. What solutions have you tried so far? Did you look for solutions on the Developer Hub?
    Once again, I can’t really find anything about this

Ok, so here is what I am asking in more detail: What I mean by “in what order do assets load” is how do they really load? I know that they can’t load children until the load the parent, but is loading:

• Random
  • Load an instance and all of its children and then move onto the next
  • Load all instances of that “hierachy level” and then continue on to children

Now, you maybe be wondering why I am asking about this. This might sound a bit picky, but I want to try to see if I need to use a while loop fo certain things, those “things” being higher in the hierachy level than the script itself. So if anyone knows this (for 100% sure) then it would be a great help. For the meantime I will try to run some tests of my own.

To my knowledge, ReplicatedFirst is the first thing that loads into your game. This would be useful for any loading screens you make. The next thing that loads in are your LocalScripts, which is why you always want to WaitForChild in them.

This post also explains more about the loading order.

2 Likes