Inconsistency with Page Names and Browser Tab Titles

Bug :bug:

Hello everyone,

I noticed that there is a slight issue with page names: what is the page is named on the website is different from what is being displayed in the tabs of a browser. For example, when you click on Create (which has been renamed from Develop for a long time), the tab of a browser still shows Develop. Additionally, although not as important as those, the URL also shows develop:

Even on the create page, the tab on the top still shows Develop.

Another example: Avatar Shop (showing as Catalog)

All pages with this issue, including Create and Avatar Shop:
format: displayed on the website — [displayed on the tab]

Expectation :no_entry_sign: :bug:

The title on the browser tab should say exactly what it says in the website (i.e. for Create, it should say “Create - Roblox” at the top).

Thus, the pages I listed above should display on browser tabs as follows:

• Create - Roblox
  • Buy Robux - Roblox
  • Premium - Roblox “Roblox Premium - Roblox” has redundancy and repetition in it
  • My Feed - Roblox

Details :bookmark_tabs:

Bug frequency, location, pages affected, origin along with device and OS specs

• Bug happens 100% of the time
    • Simply visit Roblox.com and click on the buttons I bulleted above
  • Bug occurs on the website (WWW)
    • User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/78.0.3904.108 Safari/537.36
    • Platform Type: PC
    • Device Type: Computer
  • Happens in five pages (Create, Avatar Shop, Buy Robux, Roblox Premium, My Feed) with links in the Bug section above
  • Although this may not even be causing the issue, here are my graphics card and processor:
    • Intel(R) HD Graphics 3000
    • Intel(R) Core™ i5-2450M CPU @ 2.50GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.5GHz
  • The bug never really started (it is there as a result of website titles being updated, but not tab titles – basically a lack of consistency)

I realize that this is a very small bug and does not affect anyone at all, but it’s always nice to see consistency across a collection of things owned by one corporation. Right now, the bug basically shows that small updates (like a page’s name change) on the Roblox website are spontaneously pushed out without the consideration of everything that it’s tied to (i.e what is displayed on browser tabs).

Thank you.

RE: Create/Develop
afaik they’re aware of this. I recall it being previously bought up.

RE: Shop/Catalog
They’re currently doing some stuff to the catalog, so these kind of things should be expected.

2 Likes

I’m not sure about this one, but they’re aware of the Shop/Catalog
Avatar Shop incorrectly titled "Catalog" - #3 by givenothingback

3 Likes
1 Like