Inconsistent Behavior With Selection Tool

Reproduction Steps
I have been unable to reliably reproduce the issues described below, as the behavior is extremely inconsistent but does persist

System Information
11th Gen Intel Core i7 @ 2.50 GHz, 16 GB, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060

Beta Features
Accessory Fitting Tool, CSG Version 3, Face Capture, Intuitive Debugger, Live Animation Creator, New Character Controller, New Text Chat Service, Notched Screen Support, Save Rig With Animation, Selection and Navigation Improvements in Explorer, Selection Improvements, Upgrade Shorelines

Expected Behavior
Object selection should have consistent behavior

Actual Behavior

• Deleting a part will sometimes still highlight the now-removed part
  • Selecting one part then another (this is not multiple parts selected) sometimes will not remove the highlight from the initial part and highlight the new part. This issue includes the dragger tools for scaling, moving, and rotating, which prevents users from using these functions on the part

Workaround
All of the above issues can be resolved by clicking a different part and reselecting the desired one

Issue Area: Studio
Issue Type: Display
Impact: Moderate
Frequency: Sometimes
Date First Experienced: 2023-02-04 00:02:00 (-05:00)
Date Last Experienced: 2023-02-05 00:02:00 (-05:00)

I am aware a previous bug report on this was made; however, it was missing most of the core information. I do encourage those interested to check it out, as he does provide a video of the issue, which I could not reliably reproduce.

I believe that this is related to some of the changes we made for performance improvements, posted here.

We have identified the issue and turned the related flags off, so a studio restart should resolve this. If it does not, please let me know and we can investigate further.

In the meantime, some of the observed performance improvements will be rolled back, but we hope to have a more functional version out in a couple weeks’ time!

2 Likes

@vanterok – tagging you here since this @DeFactoCepti 's comment is related to your bug report as well! Please let us know if you’re still experiencing issues.

1 Like

It’s very buggy for me :smiling_face_with_tear:
Is there a way to fix it??

Or to reverse the update until it get fixed?

Hi @vanterok - unfortunately it will take a few hours for this change to migrate to production – you should notice a change in the next few hours. Apologies for this inconvenience; we’re addressing it as fast as we can!

2 Likes

We have reversed the problematic parts of the update-- restarting your studio should reflect the reversing.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.