Increase in exploiting/new exploits

Hi. I do not know in what category I should post something like this, so I will make it here. Please let me know if this is not a proper category

since 2 or 3 days, in many games, I have noticed a major increase in the amount of exploiting in many games. There are people teleporting and flying around in many games where this didn’t happen before, but also, I have been victim myself or that exploit today where a player was flying around and was able to grab me and bring me around and take control of my character(like thoses exploits that made the news a few years ago about kids characters being forced into inappropriate stuff). this later incident to me occurred into Trade Hangout, wich is concerning me as I have seen many people victim of that exploit wich seem to be coming back, in many games and I’ve seen many servers with many people at once doing it. In group recruiting plaza, I have witnessed multiple players teleporting themself in a square around stands at every heartbeat, making them seem completely glitching out. Similar have been observed elsewhere

What I would like to know is, is there a new exploit that came out a few days ago that we are not aware of? Did any of you guys observe similar this? This also concerns me as my games heavily rely on physics

Thanks.

3 Likes

Try gathering content (photos/videos/etc) examples of these exploits if you can so we know what they look like. (Sorry, not to know but I mean just as to help as evidence)

Good idea…I am going to try to find servers containing theses again and record it

In regards to GRP:

In GRP, the users who are doing this are VR users and aren’t actually exploiting. Based on a players physical height in the real world etc, the game adapts to suit this hence why it seems off.

In regards to the increase in exploits:

The reality is that Roblox is probably always going to be in a constant battle with exploiters. Exploiters will attempt to justify their actions with Roblox banning exploiters and individuals they favour, in recent talk a “ban wave” occurred, which could be seen to have given rise to exploiting as obviously some people will become irritated. This is just retaliation and it’s obviously just one of the many justifications they use to exploit places. I’ve never understood why people want to exploit Roblox - what’s even more hilarious is when they go “I don’t care, this is a Lego game”.

As the platform progresses exploiters can and will find new ways to exploit the engine, either becoming more sophisticated or taking a new angle on the situation. Most exploiters however, have little to no experience in creating exploits and as such they tend to abuse publicly released ones.

So what can we do to help cut down on exploiting?

The most important things we can do is:

• Remain vigilant and be strong,
  • As a community help each other patch new exploits,
  • Hand in any new developed exploits to the Exploit Reports group, so the engineers can release global patches.

As I said though, they won’t just stop - hence why you just have to keep a cool head and ignore them. You’ll find exploiters easily get bored if you don’t react, literally don’t acknowledge and just remove them from your games if your worried about player experience.

A lot of topics exist on Devforum in relation to exploiting, you might enjoy reading them.

1 Like

I don’t know if this is the best source, but a Youtuber called GamerLeo made a video series on making anti-exploits. I think that they definitly won’t ban all players hacking (by far) but will still do some of the job.

1 Like

I sure hope this can get fixed soon, a bit ago I nearly got on the leaderboard on a game, then I got teleported inside an exploiter in the void. :frowning:

I may be wrong, but one reason why many exploiters are able to teleport or so on is because of anything physics-related, which includes an unanchored part falling or the player’s character moving etc. replicates. If you teleport the player in the client, he is also teleported in the server.

There are many ways to stop it though.

3 Likes

@Hypnotails has found a serious issue. I believe the exploit is called CMDX. You can find it quite easily which is why it is so common. I see it as generally harmless, however some use it for more malicious intents. I feel the ROBLOX admins should be alerted to this as it has become a serious problem due to the large amounts using it. In SFOTH for example some use permanent force-fields so they cannot die, or fly so they get an advantage. I apologise if this has been mentioned in other threads, I am quite new to the forum so am still finding my way around. I just believe you all should know about the exploit so we have a chance at stopping it.

1 Like