Infinite Terrain Plugin

The video will show you how to get them out of the water

1 Like

ok, thanks :grinning:
BTW, how can i make a ocean biome?

You need to scale a noise so itā€™s very large so it puts large areas of the terrain under water

Hello. I love your plugin, but I have one problem. Its only the thin top layer. Is there a way to make rock go down under the terrain until it reaches (for lack of a better term) bedrock?

You can change the thickness of the terrain you can also edit the local terrain script to make it generate terrain down to a value but this plugin is generating 2D terrain not 3D

Thank you much! I love your work.

is there any way to make a portion of the ā€˜infinite terrainā€™ load in the server, like normal terrain?

This video will show you how

1 Like

hi, how do perlin noises work? i wanna make a terrain with some flat areas, however, they always come out wavy and unnatural

This video might help you with noise

2 Likes

Is there any way to change the script to generate the terrain for example 500 studs higher up in the air?

Iā€™m in need of generating new terrain above existing one.

If you set the shift value to 500 then the terrain will shift up by 500 studs

1 Like

Thank you, that worked great!

I have one final issue Iā€™m trying to solve.
Is there any way to clear and load terrain on the fly through some kind of function in a script?
I need custom terrain to be loaded and cleared at specific times and not just loaded once on startup.

https://developer.roblox.com/en-us/api-reference/function/Terrain/Clear

can this lag low-end devices?
Iā€™m considering using it but if it affects some usersā€¦?
just wondering

Yes with lots of model,becuse theres no unloading,But without models its very performant

You can test here

I have tested on
radeon hd 5770
radeon RX 560
OnePlus 7

And in this video you can see me load a large amount of terrain and models with no performance lose

In this video I was playing and recording in 1080p 60fps on my radeon RX 560

1 Like

NEW UPDATE

Create Local Script will create a brand new script that has

• More stable FPS
  • Not have strange bumps underwater
  • Unload terrain / models (remove the commented line at the bottom to enable unloading)
Water heights of
-7.999, -3.999, 0.001, 4.001, 8.001, ...
will have better transitions from water to land

Any tips and tricks on how to make a beach like this?

Clamping,by lowering the last varieble lower than 0.5 you are going to make it more flat,also try and create a big sized noise with small magnitude or if you want steep ocean,big magnitude but clamped the top

1 Like