Inmerse V1.4.1 [Material foot steps for chickynoid!]

Inmerse

Inmerse is a mod for chickynoid that adds more realistic features on top of the default roblox engine,
In this case it takes advantage of Roblox materials to play footsteps that sound differently on each material as shown here:

I plan to publicly release the following features next:

• Strafing animation support.
  • Head movement

The reason as to why I haven’t publicly released those features is because they can’t be added with just a chickynoid mod and require forking the actual code on several scripts.

Why I made this

I made this because I wanted to add more realism to my game and quality of improvements, while also making it public for everyone else.

How to use
Drag into the ClientMods folder in chickynoid, Make sure your Walk anims are set inside the settings WalkTracks table and also set the CFrames for the attachments to match the position of your rig’s foot, also make sure to put the limbs inside the Limbs table on settings.

To add new sounds, add a new folder FootstepSFX and name it the name of the material Enum, when putting all your sound variants check or uncheck the UsePitchAttribute if you wish to have random pitches for that sound effect.

Make sure that your walk animations have GetMarkerReachedSignals on each part of the animation where the feet touch the ground, set the parameter to “0” for left foot and “1” for right foot.

Chickynoid

Chickynoid is a server authoritative character replacement made by MrChickenRocket

Do you use this resource
  • Yes
  • No
  • Considering it

0 voters

Download
Inmerse 1.4.1.rbxm (42.6 KB)

Old versions
Inmerse 1.4.0.rbxm (42.6 KB)
Inmerse1.3.0.rbxm (39.8 KB)
InmerseV1.2.0.rbxm (36.6 KB)
InmerseV1.1.0.rbxm (36.4 KB)
Inmerse v1.0.0.rbxm (26.0 KB)
InmerseV0.5.0.rbxm (25.0 KB)

27 Likes

I’m not wearing headphones to have a good listen but it appears the rock footstep sounds seem to be the climbing sound? Cool resource though.

Yeah so basically the reason for this is because I didnt added SFX for all materials so the code is set to play that deffault noice when you walk on a material without an SFX set, You can easily fix this by just going into the table that has all the enums and adding your material there.

Hello! I just started figuring out Chickynoid’s server authoritative character replacement. I still have gaps in my understanding.

I did successfully implement this and it works as intended. But I need to make a few tweaks such as the frequency of the steps. I want it to match the walkspeed of the player.

A question, are you still planning on updating this?

Overall, this a good resource. I will surely learn plenty from how you made this, thank you.

Do not use this resource its terribly written and needs an update, it will eventually get updated but i cant say soon.

1 Like

It has been updated, if you were looking to use it I suggest you to download the newest version and make your walk anims have the markers need for it to work.

1 Like

Update V1.1.0

• Removed Footsteps playback speed being faster or slower due to it sounding horrible with very slow speeds.
  • Settings were added to the mod, this way you can customize it yourself for your needs
  • Restructured the “inject” behavior on characters.
  • The assets folder has been reorganized.
  • Sand now creates experimental footprints when a chickynoid walks on it (still testing this).

Hope you guys like this update.

Update V1.1.0

• Changed the footprint behavior, it will not use Result.Instance.Orientation anymore and instead use Result.Normal to adapt the footprint to a surface.

Update V1.3.0

• Added support for more animationtracks with footsteps, this is done in case you have a strafing system and need all of those anims to emit footsteps.
  • Significantly improved the behavior of SFX by adding more sound variants and customized random pitches for all sounds to fit them better.
  • Added a way to use the legacy playing behavior on settings.
  • Jumping also plays sounds now.

I have noticed a few issues with the new system, first of all it lags whenever a new character spawns which can get annoying if players are dying and respawning all the time in your game.

Also theres improvement that can be done to the code here which I will work on, also I have noticed that footprints are broken and dont work.

So I will be working on an update to fix the horrible code and all of the issues mentioned above.

Update V1.4.0

It’s been a while since I last made an update to this resource, but this is due to the fact that I work on this resource as I work on my game which I wrote it for, Anyways I decided to rebuild the code from the ground up and optimize it.

Changelog:

• Rewrote the code from the ground up.
  • Optimized the Inject behavior on characters, so it will no longer freeze the game when a character spawns in.
  • Option to play sounds on legacy behavior was removed.
  • Footprints have been fixed.
  • Footprints will no longer cast if they are too close to another footprint.
  • Footprints now fade out instead of instantly being destroyed.
  • Added tons of new sound effects to the sound pool.