Insane frame rate drops and lag issues

Okay, I honestly can’t figure out what’s going on here. I haven’t updated my game since the 20th, and after ROBLOX pushed their new player list update my game got insane frame rate drops just from… moving?

My game is extremely simple and the scripts are pretty minimal. You can experience the issue yourself here; prtty much evry bordr gam evr - Roblox

1. What is the issue?
    When you move, jump, shake your camera, or lunge a sword I’m getting insane frame rate drops (this isn’t just me, it’s happening for everyone), and my render drops into red along with my FPS

The screenshots below was taken when I’m just jumping and shaking my camera

1. What solutions have you tried so far?
    I tried reducing the number of loops and moving a few things for the client to handle (day/night cycle)

Other than that, I’m stumped. I had a similar issue on another game I wasn’t able to fix it, causing me to drop the project.

Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be or how I could solve this?

2 Likes

Do you have any builds/free model sxripts that could be causing this?

According to the screenshot you posted “PlayerListManager” is the largest chunk taking up almost if not more than 100ms of Heartbeat total (cutting fps down to < 10 fps) and it’s broken down into many smaller chunks of time. It seems that the issue you’re experiencing may actually be the player list itself?

All the building and scripting I do myself. The only free model is the default Roblox sword script and F3X building tools which I include in my custom admin.

If any of my scripts are causing this, I honestly don’t know which one.

PlayerListManager is not one of my scripts. I actually even disabled the Playerlist (by disabling the core UI) and created my own, so I’m not sure why this is still running.

How can I fix that?

I’m not 100% sure. Post the information displayed when hovering over that chunk of time. Additionally the smaller yellow chunks underneath are taking up a majority of that time so the information related to those would be useful as well. You can select the Paused mode and take screenshots of the info.

Is this helpful?

image image

I emailed and messaged dev relations since this seems to be coming from Roblox’s end, rather than my own game. It’s weird though because it only seems to be happening in my game.

2 Likes