Introducing Aerodynamic Forces [Studio Beta]

i think it will be possible. you could try having sails catch wind and propel the ships like that. see for yourself!

7 Likes

Its like this isnā€™t even Roblox anymore, and I mean that in the best possible way.
I canā€™t believe we are actually starting to get some fluid dynamics, so amazing.
Cant wait for water to get some love.

Keep up the good work, I will have to play with this.

9 Likes

Is it possible to edit the wind property in real-time? That way I can edit the yaw, pitch, and speed with a script depending on the weather.

9 Likes

its a good update though.

5 Likes

Edit the GlobalWind property of Workspace at runtime using a script.

5 Likes

I think this is cool, people will be able to make some crazy things with this!

5 Likes

really good changes! canā€™t wait to see what people do with this

3 Likes

This is good update for community, thanks a lot.

3 Likes

Thank you for including this. Super helpful.

Out of curiosity, can you expose this as property? I can think of some cool things where experimenting with more or less then 5% to be interesting.

Overall, super cool update. For years now, you would have to calculate all this by hand and while it was fun, it became a bit annoying when things changed over the years. Having a first-class API provides a lot more guarantees than what I wrote in the past.

Truth be told, I wish more updates were like this. Solid progression in what we use to create.

1 Like

This is the most exciting update this year. But please make sure that we will have plenty of control over the system.

2 Likes

Weā€™ve had free model draft scripts [namely I created one] for quite some time now that works fine. But it would be neat to see how aerodynamics could play out a more physics based version of it.

So not really a game changer, but would be neat lol

2 Likes

Great! Just as I finished implementing custom lift forces, this releases! I really hope that atleast you can toggle this setting off, since it will ruin so much games that donā€™t need to have aerodynamic simulations.

1 Like

new topbar isnt good imo, they ruined it, then did good, good for me

2 Likes

my dream has come true

I really hope in the future that ropes can support wind, having moving wires and such in the wind would look so nice, rather than my hacky solution here.

23 Likes

Best update in a while, looking forward to comparing it to community made airfoil systems. Thanks roblox :airplane:

4 Likes

very cool, however ive noticed that parts moved with motor6ds or weld C0 do not affect the airfoil, is that intentional (although kind off makes sense) and are there any plans to support them?

1 Like

It Looks So Cool , Im Gonna Use It In Future Games

2 Likes

Roblox flight simulators experiencing :chart_with_upwards_trend:

9 Likes

(Me continue waiting for the shaders updateā€¦)

4 Likes

Sounds like youā€™re going to be waiting for a long time my friend

2 Likes