Introducing Builder Font + Deprecating Gotham and Arial

I’m trying to experiment with this new font family, but, in Enum.Font, only the BuilderSans family exists. And from a quick glance, I have not been able to easily find documentation on using a “Custom” font.

This honestly feels kind of odd putting the fonts inside of the Creator Store.
Why isn’t this a native font to Roblox Studio?

1 Like

Please keep Gotham and Arial in the game.

I use both of them actively, and I think they are incredible fonts.
I don’t see any reason to remove either of them, especially if we can’t even use the new font off platform. Why?

4 Likes

Roblox are you OUT OF YOUR MIND?

Gotham and Arial are two of the best fonts in Roblox. Do not get rid of them.

In Studio, I have applied the Builder Mono font to some Text Labels, and when Running the game, the font just reverts back to some default font.

If you’re going to release a font family, make sure it works please.
It shouldn’t be this complicated to use a native Roblox Licensed font.
Roblox, please fix.

There was absolutely NO reason to deprecate Gotham, it’s one of my favorites, and tons of other games use it.

This looks so much better than Gotham and Arial in my opinion, great font! But most importantly, I believe most of us in the replied would GREATLY appreciate if we could use this font in thumbnails.

Eh…I’m not feeling the vibe of this. It’s not visually appealing to me.

Gotham is a font I’ve grown to love using in my projects. When it got released a few years prior, I wasn’t keen to using that font at first, but after I started using it more often, I grew to love how sleek and clean it looked on my UI.

While I understand the reasoning behind why the Builder font family was created, I don’t really see myself using this typeface often: it doesn’t offer me what I’m looking for.

Hopefully the plan to implement all typefaces from Google Fonts into Roblox Studio is still in the works somewhere and will one day be released as a beta feature, and possibly for public release. (I need my Manrope font badly — you don’t understand… :weary:)

2 Likes

I don’t see why Roblox is deprecating the Gotham and Arial fonts in Roblox. The Gotham font works best and is used in most games. Why remove it?

I agree with almost everyone, Why would roblox do that? There are obvious differences that I don’t want to explain again… now my only choice is to make my own font which is insanely difficult

I will too contribute by asking for Arial not to be removed. It’s a widely used font in many games (not as much as Gotham, but still - it’s in a lot of places!)

Provide a version with single-storey a, this is not a replacement for Gotham.

1 Like

How did you get different explorer icons?

1 Like

It would be nice if we would get the possibility to upload our own font family

2 Likes

lol thanks but im using a custom made font, you wont see me abide by those VERY scummy font license terms.

We can’t use it outside the platform what means you cannot make a video on Yt if this new font is showing on some ui objects and what about the font for studio go it use this too

The license starts with: “Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of the Builder font family”, so wouldn’t this also include downloading and installing the font from github?

If you’re only going to use the roblox studio script editor with this font, then I don’t think you’re breaking their license agreement.

Not sure if downloading is, but it clearly states distributing is in violation of the license.

I’m not sure if downloading it through the Roblox API would violate the license so that’s your own risk. However it can be handy to have these fonts when you want to design your Roblox UI in Figma for example.

My two favorite fonts. WHY. I’m not going to use your Monsterrat or what it was called. But atleast thanks for new font.

This is cool and I will always welcome more fonts but

Why do you have to remove them? Is there not enough space? Can roblox not spare a few bucks for the Gotham licenses(lol)?

Anyways removing Arial is dumb considering its free to use, I can somewhat understand removing Gotham if there was licensing issues but you can’t use that exuse for a license that’s free :sob:

Lastly, most UI designers make the text fit with the ui, this change will just screw it all up, it doesn’t matter if something “looks similar” because it will still be noticeable due to the character spacing and hight…

So what will happen to text with Greek characters? Montserrat doesn’t support it iirc

1 Like

Forcing creators to agree to this change or else their User Interface that probably uses Gotham and Arial gets replaced by fonts that they probably don’t even want to use.

Since there’s barely any difference besides spacing between the fonts like @hboogy101 said this is basically just a rebrand of the fonts.

Why go about this?

2 Likes