Introducing In-Experience Notification Permission Prompts

It doesn’t feel like you trust us when you have a cooldown of an entire month, is there any particular reason why notification prompt have a cooldown of 30 days, and something like favorite prompt doesn’t?

The choice to have such a long cooldown is really disappointing, and I think making the majority of developers suffer because of a few bad ones is really annoying.

What about instead of having the 30 day cooldown you add a button to the prompt “Do not ask again” which blocks the prompt for the rest of the session.

8 Likes

the 1 month cooldown is really limiting this feature. the only way that this feature, as i see it, can be used - is as a nuisance to the player, just the same as the “Favorite” pop-up you introduced before. i think almost all games will use this feature in just the same way. these pop-ups are super annoying.

it would be better if we were allowed to have a type of Button which could enable these sort of privileged pop-ups, such as this one. meaning that, the pop up will only trigger if the user actually presses on that button, and the game can’t detect if the user triggers it or not or trigger it for them.

maybe it’s not feasible, but it’s better when a user can willingly enable (or even disable) notifications, within the game, at their own discretion, rather than the game deciding to be popping this up like i see in a lot of games i join.

i was looking forward to making a small bell icon people could press to enable notifications, but if a user changes their mind after seeing the pop-up, the entire button wouldn’t work anymore for a month. in my opinion, this is a poor implementation. hopefully you guys can improve it.

7 Likes

Can we use the policy service to check if the user can get the prompt?

3 Likes

girl it literally takes 2 seconds to close you don’t have to worry! x

3 Likes

Seems like a cool feature for doing events, updates and etc. also it would be a good thing to add a button to disable the notifications from the specific game that sends the notification from the notification it self.

1 Like

I feel like this can be used for scams but its an amazing feature. I haven’t developed in roblox for 1-2 years and when I come back there’s a bunch of good features. W

2 Likes

I love this.

Not because of the feature specifically, but because of the concept. In my opinion, permission prompts are the best way for Roblox games to get the more fine-grained control needed.

3 Likes

There’s almost always the issue of a feature getting misused when implemented. It’s the risk you take when implementing features like this. It’s also white the 30 day limitation was added.

4 Likes

Roblox continues to improve with each update!

I liked it.

2 Likes

Thank you for making the cooldown 30 days. Getting spammed with this + the “would you like to favorite this game” would be extremely annoying.

4 Likes

This is kind of a slick move for developers to announce stuff. Nice!

1 Like

why not a 3 day limit, doesn’t the notification tab in ROBLOX have a 3 day limit.

2 Likes

how do i reset such a 30 period cooldown for debug purposes?
or this is not affected by studio? cool if then

2 Likes

I think the image in the post forgot the chat button
IMG_0782

3 Likes

This update is amazing, but does have its ups and downs, the first feature I hate about this update is that you have to wait 30 days to keep sending notifications which is ridiculous in my opinion. The second feature I love about this update is to alert players of ongoing events or a new update in game, or to alert users about cosmetic items. This update definitely has good benefits and I would definitely see myself using this within the next couple months.

Why doesn’t the promptClosed event pass a value that shows whether the user enabled notifs or not?
Would help devs to put a “thank you” screen for enabling notifs or even reward players who have notifs on.

It would be nice if there was API for when they press yes on the prompt so developers can reward players for turning notifications on and also the 30 day limit seems excessive, once a day would be fine, the way I see it currently it makes more sense for a developer to prompt them everytime they join rather than a different method