Introducing Premium Payouts!

I really do like this idea, but did anyone else’s mind immediately jump to those scams? It wouldn’t be the first time roblox’s UI can and probably will be replicated to get kids password/bank information. As a premium user myself, I like the idea of rewarding premium members in game, as at the minute, I was just getting robux every month. This is also INCREDIBLY useful for robux farming, however, and can be used by groups, large and small, to generate funds for advertisements or to pay developers!
Just my two cents, other than that, it’s a good way to reward both premium members and developers large and small.

1 Like

It could be useful to kind of take a cut depending on how expensive the entry fee is, games with a high entry fee such as rogue lineage will have a large cut of premium payouts taken, as most payments for that game will probably be taken from a premium members monthly robux allowance.

3 Likes

They want to promote free to play ideologies, by rewarding developers who get players to buy Premium… if that isn’t an oxymoron then I don’t know what is. It’s a bias. It’s like saying paid access games should have 50% of their revenue taxed, and they aren’t allowed thumbnails, or dev products because they aren’t free, and thus don’t deserve these privileges

3 Likes

This new update looks awesome, can’t wait to test it

3 Likes

I understand not making a game “Pay to Play” but how else are you going to get users to up sale in your place alone?

Obviously there has to be plenty of competition over which games get the most up sales, but if you cant give any benefits to those who up sale in your game specifically then whats stopping them from just using the website’s upgrading system?

To me, and I’m speaking my opinion here, this seems like another way to advertise premium through the developers, and I don’t know how much I like it. Robux transactions are one thing, but actually upgrading your account in-game? Most parents may look at this very awkwardly and think " Wow so some random developer made this game and your buying premium with real money on it?"

My point is, I think people feel more secure filling out their credit card information on the official site rather than some game generated by some random person that is lesser known.

3 Likes

Question: Can kids use this? I have a feeling not though. If not, I have an idea. If your account is under 13, the feature would be nerfed. The amount of robux you get would be different from people over 13. This is just something I would like to see from this update.

3 Likes

I do not see a reason for a developer to add the purchase prompt into their games since there isn’t even a commission given to the developer. This purchase prompt feels like a hollow shell simply to promote Roblox’s sales rather then the individual developers game.

Comparing this to selling other users UGC hats (not roblox made hats) in your game for instance, you actually get a 10% commission for doing so. And of course selling your own gamepasses would make tenfold

However I get why a developer would want a premium room or premium benefits to increase premium playtime

I do think overall this addition is good, but I really wish they didn’t include the almost heartless cash grab purchase prompt, that just doesn’t sit right.

9 Likes

The entire purchase process in completed in a new window and is essentially the website inside of the window for PC. On iOS it prompts you to buy it using Touch ID or some other authentication method using Apple’s purchase modal. No idea how it works on other platforms, but I would assume it’s similar. It would probably be really hard to fake it well enough to be convincing.

3 Likes

I have to say this is the best part for making games now. This will make more developers profit to help them pay their developers and investors. Thank you Roblox!! :heart:

This is good for developers trying to make money and all, But im worried about there being no where in the TOS (As far as I know) the prevents the pay to win and letting premium users pretty much be gods in games. Don’t get me wrong, I love developers being able to make more money.

It’s supposed to be advice, rather than guidelines. They’re trying to help you optimize your earnings while minimize any damage done to your game. If you market aggressively towards F2P than it’s possible the player could lose interest in the game overall.

If you choose to ignore their advice than you’re taking a risk according to the marketing expertises that established those tips. In my opinion, it’s better to experiment through trial and error rather than play it safe. So if I were you I’d toy around with a variety of business models till you settle on your preference.

I agree, but selling premium in-game would also help you because the player will most likely spend the robux they get from roblox premium in your game.

1 Like

Unbalanced P2W games negatively impacts the developer not Roblox.

Put it like this, if the servers lose popularity because nobody wants to be 1 hit killed by a sword the developer created than that’s their fault. Your decision affects your game, it won’t negatively impact Roblox in any possible way aside from the possibility of that unbalanced game being the first game the player had engaged with. resulting in a bad first impression that’ll discourage the player from returning.

It’s highly unlikely that would occur considering how there’s a variety of games to choose from and experienced game designers wouldn’t make an unbalanced game as it’s a short term business model rather than long term.

2 Likes

I think this update is great for developers! Now this update can get a little out of hand and it can also be just fine. It is just really how the Roblox developers take action. I think as long as the developers don’t make anything annoying so they can get advantages and just pester people who don’t have premium.

1 Like

This seems nice, but would that be unfair on group games?

2 Likes

Its a really good concept but I can see this going wrong in many ways. Keep in mind most of the roblox community is filled with young kids who cant pay for premium and having devs rub premium popups in their face won’t solve anything. I can see this as a turn off for some players since alot of devs can make this pay to win. Of course you said you wanted it not to be used for Pay to Win but knowing the Roblox moderation’s current state I think thats not going to stop anyone. Over all I dont really support this update but I’m also not against it. I hope it does get changed a bit more.

4 Likes

Do we receive bonus robux if a user buys premium within the game?

If you have a group with a game on it does that mean that the group will earn premium payouts?

f2p in this case being free to pay

Extremely minimalistic amounts of robux., within approximately a week, I earned like 86 robux. My game although not super famous, still amasses at least 30k plays per week.

If this is suppose to motivate me, I’m not to sure that it was such a great idea.

5 Likes