Introducing Premium Payouts!

This bothers me. A lot.

This has everything to do with money, and nothing to do with giving developers better tools that we’ve been asking for.

49 Likes

Got a question. Will the robux garnered through this scheme head into group funds (and into percentages)? This is probably a really silly question but this might answer a few peoples questions.

Other than that, can’t turn this down at all!

14 Likes

Another question, but don’t laugh if it’s stupid. Probably guessing yes, but does your group get the payout if your game is a group game?

14 Likes

How many premium playtime points does each premium user have per day?
if a user plays only a single game that day, they should be getting 100% of those points correct?

So how many points can each premium user allocate to games? 1? 5? 10? 100?

Another question is what is the points to robux ratio?
I noticed a statistic showing 24 points giving roughly 300 robux. so 1 point = ~10 robux?

18 Likes

So basically, more incentive for developers to encourage people to buy premium. Will be interesting to see ingame premium bonus content being added.

12 Likes

So basically we brought back tix-per-visit.

54 Likes

This sounds really, really nice in practice; but I fear some devs may get a little too greedy with Premium incentives.

29 Likes

Ah yes. Another great update, but only for the monetary sake. I’m looking forward to seeing what many other Game Developers may do with this. However, I do have a small question. Will this premium payout reset monthly, or does it just reset once you payout, or does it just work in a completely different way that I am missing?.. As, I’m slightly confused with how this will work.

8 Likes

A good idea in my opinion for developers: when selling in-game currency, if you offer bundles of in-game currency for robux, you could have a note that says:
“If you are a ROBLOX Premium member, gain (10%) extra [in-game currency] on your purchase”

This to me seems like a good way to add incentive to get premium, while not actually gateing features of your game to other players.

24 Likes

If we are paid relative to other games, what are the chances that certain games even get anything at all? I suppose many games will get little to nothing out of this, and some games, despite being popular, will not get much because their playerbase does not appeal for premium members for some reason.

I’m in for this idea, but I think it should be implemented differently.

17 Likes

A lot of people are trying to make a living off of making games on Roblox, why not just give them a little bit more to support the lower and middle class developers then work on the tools?

14 Likes

It’s a cool update and we all like new ways of making money, but this is undoubtably going to abused.

Think of all the games that will require you to have premium just to do most stuff. It’ll be like club penguin.

Tdlr this update is gonna be detrimental to the adverse players user experience.

17 Likes

If everyone is making money, there isnt a lot of money to go around. In the end what developers earn is a tiny fragment of what roblox corp earns.

14 Likes

If we sell Premium through our game, do we get a commission on it similar to how Star creators get a commission for selling Premium when someone uses their star code?

If not I don’t think there’s much of a reason to make premium purchase pop-ups in-game.

44 Likes

I’m sure that many Developers may attempt to do something similar to this. Where you get a bonus if you’re a Premium member / subscriber of Roblox on in-game items, products, currencies, etc. All around, this update promotes more business.

8 Likes

So if I understand correctly, it’s not x playtime = x money, but rather x playtime compared to top games = x money? Which means, the top games are going to earn even more money while the less successful games barely make anything?

I’m not complaining or agreeing with this one way or the other, just a bit confused on how the process works and how it’ll help people that aren’t at the top yet - help sustain themselves financially and grow to become so

45 Likes

My Question

Is this a version of Builders Club Games but instead it has a lot of upgrades and it’s been revisioned?

My Thoughts

This sounds like a great addition! I think this will surely help ROBLOX and Developers. Thank you for adding this!

5 Likes

Do we have a timeline for when to expect paid access games to be eligible for Premium Payouts? It seems strange to discourage a model that was made possible by Roblox, especially when paid access gives developers an opportunity to make money by selling their games instead of through microtransactions.

12 Likes

Everyone knows Roblox makes more than the developers, how do you think they can stand to devex and pay out to developers in the amounts they do?

This feature is basically, “Hey, get kids to buy Premium from your game, and if they keep playing it we’ll toss you some pennies.” But nevertheless, it’ll help a lot of middle class devs out.

14 Likes

This is such an amazing opportunity for developers, specially for the ones who have no monetization in their games. In my opinion it’ll definitely be a good incentive.

19 Likes