Introducing silly cats manages hitboxes V2.2! Create Magnitude Hitbox With Ease!

It only detects the funny cool magnitude thing. So in short the red sphere.

lol
this is what i mean

Apologies for the late response, but I’m going to be extremely frank with you. I’m too dumb to understand what you’re asking, sorry!

I will elaborate as much as possible, dont get me wrong, this implementation is very smart and i couldnt imagine it before, but the issue is you solely rely on magnitude as an hitbox, which is fine for pure cubes, but when you make a tall cuboid it will not always fire because we can go to the bottom of the block ans touch it without getting the hitbox fired, before you think you can just extend the hitbox, you will grant yourself a new issue

images
lol

1 Like

Oh, thank you for the elaboration! I’ll try my best to come up with a solution to this problem. In short yes, if the block is too tall then yeah it won’t detect. Therefore, could mess some stuff up.

1 Like

Maybe multiple hitboxes? but you would need severe math
z
anyway good luck implementing it

1 Like

Yeah that’s what I’m coming up with. It’ll be tricky though. And thank you!

1 Like

silly cat manages hitboxes v2

After 3 months, it’s finally here. A bump to this dead forgotten topic. A updated version of silly cats manages hitboxes. Silly cats manages hitbox v2. Do note that there’s no new features besides some quality of life, bug fixes, optimization, and a improvement to the structure and readability to the script. Before you boo at me for bumping such a dead topic and not adding any new features, I really do think that this is a huge improvement compared to v1.1.

Why there wasn't any new features added

I was lazy

ALSO DO NOTE THE DOCS, API, AND INFO ON THE FIRST THREAD IS OUTDATED AND WILL BE REWRITTEN SOON. WILL REPLY TO THIS TOPIC AGAIN WHEN THAT HAPPENS (should be in a few hours)

**** THIS IS NOT BACKWARDS COMPATIABLE

Anyways here’s where you can get the improved module:

Through the roblox marketplace , downloading it , through the example place or through implementing all the modules that was mentioned including this one.

Also I will not be archiving the older version as those were just horrible.

Anyways thank you for your guys feedback and support.

1 Like

This is basically a copy paste of my github respiratory.

Respiratory

3 Likes

The API has been updated

I didn’t rewrite much. Also char

10/10 module, super easy to tweak and edit. would use again

Thanks a lot, i love it, i’ll be using it along side raycast hitbox this is also really useful in some cases and can achieve things raycast hitbox cant

but could you give me an example on how i would implement a tick based attack without creating a new hitbox every tick? (NVM I DID IT)

1 Like

Hello guys, it’s me Eric_pokemon sorry for bumping this post but I made an update to silly cats. And 2.2 got a decently good performance boost (like around 20% to 50%?).

One of the biggest changed I’ve made is removed the ‘IsImmune’ property of the hitboxes, sorry if you used that a lot. This is because I’ve made the hitbox only check an area instead of every humanoid characters, which means a hitbox won’t run if there is no humanoids near it. You can change how large the area the hitboxes checks by changing the ‘RangeCheck’ setting inside of the module. (this multiples with the size of each new hitboxes and the duration of the hitbox) hopefully I explained this well enough.

There’s also now a built in tick attack feature so you don’t really have to manually make tick attacks. Here’s an example:

local HitboxManager = [path to silly cats]

local NewHitbox = HitboxManager.new(Part, 10, 2) --[[THIS CREATES A NEW HITBOX WHICH
HAS THE RADIUS IS 10 AND THE DURATION OF IT IS 2.]]

HitboxManager.CreateTick(NewHitbox,.5) --[[MAKES THE HITBOX A 
TICK ATTACK WHICH WILL RESET WHO'S ALREADY HAS BEEN CHECK EVERY .5 SECONDS
BASICALLY MAKING EVERYONE WHO HAS BEEN CHECKED BE RECHECKED AFTER .5 SECONDS]]

NewHitbox.Hit:Connect(function(EnemyHumanoid) --[[this connections will deal 7.5
damage anyone that gets hit.]]
	EnemyHumanoid:TakeDamage(7.5)
end)

I removed functions to make the module run slower. Lastly, I made most ‘fastcalls’ into a localized variable/function. I don’t really know if this has a downside but it helped with performance so that’s cool. I’ll update the docs soon but you should be able to figure out what each function does now if you look into the module itself. :+1:

1 Like

HEAT!

attachment (3)

1 Like