Introducing the Ban API and Alt Account Detection

Let them be!! They are expressing their gratitude for this release!!

I’ve got a couple of ideas that could make the CloudAPI a lot better:

1. Dynamic active Parameter:
  • Right now, the active parameter stays true forever after a ban (based on my use), no matter how long it is supposed to last.
  • It would be better if the active parameter could automatically switch to false when the ban time is up. This way, it would show whether the ban is still active.
  1. Editable moderator Parameter:
  • To my knowledge, we can’t change the moderator parameter at the moment, and it appears others are also confused about this parameter.
  • It would be helpful to be able to write to the moderator field. This would let us log more info about who issued the ban, making everything easier to track.

Here’s an example of what I’m talking about:

{
    "user": "users/156",
    "place": "1",
    "moderator": {
      "gameServerScript": {}
    },
    "createTime": "2024-01-1T12:00:00.000Z",
    "active": true,
    "startTime": "2024-01-1T12:00:00.000Z",
    "duration": "60s",
    "privateReason": "Walking through walls: https://youtube.com",
    "displayReason": "Exploiting!",
    "excludeAltAccounts": false
  }

{
    "user": "users/156",
    "place": "1",
    "moderator": { // Information about the moderator
      "id": "users/1",
      "name": "Roblox",
    },
    "createTime": "2024-01-1T12:00:00.000Z",
    "active": false,  // Assuming the ban time is over
    "startTime": "2024-01-1T12:00:00.000Z",
    "duration": "60s",
    "privateReason": "Walking through walls: https://youtube.com",
    "displayReason": "Exploiting!",
    "excludeAltAccounts": false
  }
3 Likes

Roblox documentation remake?
Wasn’t working on anything like that, since the current one run by Roblox themselves works mostly fine.

Is Players:GetBanHistoryAsync() not working in studio? I get HTTP error code 403 (Forbidden) when using it in studio.

Awesome update, no more hackers or trolls! I can also use this to ban alts of asset stealers from my games

epic addition!!! huzzah, hooray, gonna 100% try it out

yeah its sad that it doesn’t work in studio and its also sad there isnt a method for getting all banned users

3 Likes

It was a joke because of how long you’ve been typing for

U can make it by webhooks:
Basically if you fired the event from the client (with safety and checking the player is an admin before firing) U can use webhooks to send whos the player who fired, wich will be the moderator.

Ah, okay thanks, I will try this!

1 Like

I don’t know about anyone else, but my game has heaps of webhooks telling me everything that people are doing at all times. We already have a system for when people get banned through the new API, but I think it’d be nice to have a way to connect to a webhook to tell me that a banned player tried to join the game.

Also, I’m thinking a way to, for example :GetBannedPlayers() that could return a table of every user who is currently banned would be cool, and with how long their ban is remaining for.

6 Likes

:GetBannedPlayers() would be incredibly useful

8 Likes

Cant imagine the size of the table tho when many people have been banned
Would love to see this tho

2 Likes

Amazing update from Roblox.
Exploiters getting a huge L with this one

2 Likes

Alt detection doesn’t seem to work :confused:

1 Like

When using opencloud, you cannot set the duration to -1, it just says Invalid Duration Value.

If I do -1s, it says that the duration must be greater than 0.

Is there also not a way y’all can implement using days, months, or even years? As in 1d, 1m, 1y?

3 Likes

I agree! Seconds is kinda lame!

2 Likes

oh yeah that makes more sense
instead i’ve been working on rewriting the solar system in rust soo can’t exactly work on the roblox documentation right now

1 Like

How would that work simply using their user ID??

1 Like

I’ve been eagerly awaiting this update for quite some time. I hope it receives priority updates to prevent bypasses, I am also hoping this is ip and a hardware ban.

1 Like