Introducing the Free Private Servers Sort

Hi I think my game can fit in this system i have filled out the forum !! My game: (New) Candy simulator! - Roblox

1 Like

Just submitted my game!!

https://www.roblox.com/games/3552375588/Travel-To-Unicorn-Island-Obby

1 Like

Hey! We have done this after we had been declined the previous wave, the day of. We would like to know if there is a chance of reconsideration after this change, as we have submitted a new application. -YouFoundLev | Co-Founder of Solera Resorts
(125k members)

1 Like

People don’t go out to a Candy Simulator in real life. This won’t work.

2 Likes

Does that mean all applications from the previous wave are either accepted or declined? I applied 4 weeks ago with a game and haven’t got a response since then.

If it has been 4 weeks since you applied then, unfortunately, your game wasn’t picked.

Context:

4 Likes

Just to be sure, the 100 concurrent player criterium is not required for this sort right?

1 Like

The 100 concurrent player criteria is required for this sort as well as the like ratio over 50%

4 Likes

So does your game need 100 concurrent players when applying?

Why isn’t that said in the OP? That criterium was never mentioned, so how could we know? A few games in the sort are at the moment at ± 30 concurrent players, so I thought there wasn’t a concurrent player criterium.

I’ll update the original post with this info, this was only introduced recently

2 Likes

Alright I am guessing the games must have 100+ players? I am confused as there is a few games on the sort below that.

1 Like

Yes. The games currently on the sort that have dipped below 100 on the sort were added in a previous wave, they had over 100 originally.

If they still have below 100 concurrent players at the time of the next wave, they’ll be taken off the sort. We’re keeping an eye on both the player count and like ratio of games in the sort.

We understand that there are dips while certain areas of the world are sleeping, which is why we wait until the sort rotation to remove games under the criteria.

3 Likes

Yes,True but hey might pick my game because everyone love candy :smiley:

Is there a reason for the concurrent player requirement? Naturally, I understand that it is a tell-tale sign of whether players are enjoying the game or not, but I believe that it is also important to consider games that are designed not for monetization but instead for the enjoyment of the player base.

I am currently developing for a group in which we are creating innovations but running at a low profit/advertising rate. While we understand that the sort is meant to expose more fun games to the players on Roblox, I believe that it should also take into consideration the quality over quantity and that low-budget developers may not have the capacity to reach 100+ concurrent players even though their game may be fun for people who play.

6 Likes

Concurrent player count is based on enjoyment of the player base, not monetization. The better your game is, the longer people will play and thus the larger concurrent player count you will have

1 Like

If "Play Together Sort’ goes well, I think this should remain for the future after the pandemic

1 Like

Will we be notified if our game was declined by this? Is it possible to re-apply if that is the case?

He said that, you won’t be able to be notified due to them not having an efficient system for that. So basically you won’t know. The best way you can know is if you have not been accepted within at least a month. After that, you can probably re-apply.

1 Like

Will this category still exist once countries finish reopening?

1 Like