Introducing Two Game Security Settings: Third Party Sales & Cross Game Teleports

If cross-game teleporting is disabled, will teleporting from a group game to a user game work if the user is a developer in the group, or vice versa?

I dont understand… What?? Can someone explain?

This is so cool, It is sure to stop from viruses teleporting you to a harmful place

I have a concern.

There is third-party content that relies on donations to support its development. For example, HD Admin and Kohl’s Admin Infinite both have historically had donation buttons that grant a few exclusive perks.

I also rely on donations in a similar manner, people copying one of my games, but leaving the donate buttons alone so others can get exclusive T-Shirts. Because game files are not considered universes, the third-party product permission will not persist between copies.

To have third-party products blocked by default means that third-party creators cannot earn much revenue from other people including their content in games, at least newer games going forward, because many kids will not think to enable the setting.

Will there be any means of fixing this, or is this a temporary solution for until a better solution is finished?

On the flip side, I would also like to see a setting for the require keyword, which is widely abused to carry out the attacks these new settings are intended to hinder.

5 Likes

Why are third party creators trying to profit off others’ games in the first place? Why are third party creators trying to teleport people off to other people’s’ games, driving players away from me?

I can’t speak for all applications, but in the case of HD Admin donations have been an essential source of income. It’s enabled me to work full time on it and other open-source works, and bring on board additional developers to greatly help with development.

This ultimately means better features for our users, many of which drive their gameplay and provide a great source of revenue for them. For instance, since 2019, HD Admin directly has earned developers over 350 million Robux. It has also driven millions of views on YouTube, which consequently provide game developers and their games with greater exposure.

In terms of teleportation, this does have quite a niche legitimate use, however we still find many groups (such as war clans) utilising it to move their members between other group games (such as an apposing clans fort).

Once solution is to introduce an ability for developers to whitelist desired applications.

6 Likes

This sounds absolutely amazing and is for sure a long overdue feature for roblox! I am sure that many newer developers who are dependent on the toolbox both as a learning resource and a helping hand will be made much safer when making their games now and this should help protect them that little bit more. I really do see this helping the community become a much safer place to develop in and a lot easier for newer developers to learn

A great way to stop those scam obbies.

If Third Party Teleports is disabled, will players be able to teleport to the game it is disabled in?

For example, Developer 1 has a game called Game 1. Developer 1 turns off Third Party Teleports. Developer 2, however, enables Third Party Teleports on his game called Game 2.

Players from Game 1 will not be able to teleport to Game 2, but will players from Game 2 be able to teleport to Game 1?

If they’re all in the same universe (game), yes. This is just third party (different universe/game). Same applies to sales.

That’s nice to know the company cares about its developers to get rid of the anxiety that your models have viruses. I take it you’re working to remove Backdoor assets?

Basically its keeping models you drag from the toolbox to try selling stuff or teleporting players to other places.

This feature is amazing but I would like to see some sort of a whitelist (whitelisted third party sales and place IDs). For example, there are games that use admin systems (Adonis, HD Admin) and they have donation features (work with game passes).
Another thing. There are some games that allow teleporting to other games that might not be owned by the same creator.

2 Likes

Great! I am sure that this will help us all. Let the updates coming, they will make our games better, hah.

Now my old games won’t teleport you instantly

Thanks for being so detail oriented and making sure that these settings are disabled automatically for new games! The nature of this fix is targeted towards newer players that fall susceptible to this issue, so we can probably assume they won’t know how to navigate the other controls/settings to turn it off. Great move. I hope that when the time comes when a player is confused why their intensional teleport to another game universe isn’t working, that they will easily be able to find a resource that points them towards this button to turn it back on.

Can I casually slide this in and we talk about turning “Join Surfaces” off by default so this stops putting a ton of welds in new players builds? :stuck_out_tongue: I’ve had to explain this to every new builder and teach them how to turn it off because they are so confused about where the welds came from

4 Likes

This will be a great addition. I don’t know how many times I have complained about this 3rd party sale vulnerability. So many hackers have pulled this fast one trying to sale fake VIP passes to a game with only a base-plate.

If I want to sell my own game pass in-game, do I need to enable Third Party Sales?

Or, is this a bug:

1 Like

I really like this way to prevent unwanted purchases or teleports, but is it posible to make like a whitelist system, or at least trust the owner of a group, because I have my game published under my group (I am the owner) but it still sees my as third party, also it says the gamepass for the game (on the store page from the game) is third party (game is published under my group, and gamepass is also made under my group)

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.