Introduction of Lua Widgets

Awesome!

1 Like

If you have created anything cool with this new feature please make sure to share it with the @robloxdevrel twitter account using #RobloxDev

3 Likes

Any chance that there will be an option to move the PluginGui to the middle section? I know we can already place GUIā€™s to the CoreGui, but when in emulator mode, they GUIs are moved inside the tiny screens.

Edit: Plus itā€™d be great to have the ability to switch tabs and still be able to switch to the view window.

1 Like

On the StudioWidgets GitHub README:

We will keep these libraries up to date as Studio look & feel changes (e.g. automatic support for Dark Theme, when that happens).

I see that when.

9 Likes

Is there a way we can call the StudioWidgets libraries without having to manually copy them into our games?

1 Like

Thatā€™s a good question. It might be possible to load it over a ModuleScript that is uploaded as a MainModule. Iā€™ll look into this.

2 Likes

@devSparkle and everyone else: I made a public module:

local studioWidgets = require(1638103268)
local CustomTextButton = studioWidgets.CustomTextButton
local button = CustomTextButton.new("MyButton", "Click me!")

Of course, this means Iā€™d have to maintain it. Iā€™ll try to keep it updated as much as possible until a better solution arrives.

14 Likes

Well, that saves me the trouble.

4 Likes

Thanks!

Iā€™m definitely not considering making a bot which DMs you every time there is a commit to the repo for you to update the module.

5 Likes

Coming Soonā„¢

3 Likes

If you hook into GitHubā€™s API, you might be able to write a quick app that takes the repository contents and packages it into a .rbxmx file. You can then use Robloxā€™s API to publish it, or just insert it into studio and publish it directly. Iā€™ll talk to CycloneUprising and see if we can get a module published onto the ROBLOX account so we can manage it ourselves.

3 Likes

Technically, you could make explorer and properties panel replacements and make everything but the ribbonbar dark themed. Weā€™re getting close.

2 Likes

accurate

25 Likes

I created an rbxmx file, to view the default structure with the current setup of modules, and emptied the source and object name parameters. Now Iā€™m using a string function to replace the keywords with the name and source of each file under the repo/src that ends with a .lua extension.

This does not mean I gave up on the idea of Nagaton600, the auto DM bot.

1 Like

Cool but where is our normal CycloneUprising style meme update?

Iā€™m saddened :slightly_frowning_face:

5 Likes

Nice new API addition. Iā€™m thinking of creating a plugin that will take advantage of the new Lua Widgets API and this is what I made so far with the new API.

2 Likes

I canā€™t wait to use this!

Slight mistake on the wiki though:

forgot to include the link hehe Oops!

4 Likes

Soā€¦ how does one debug script-based plugins without HotSwap?

2 Likes

If you use the ā€œSave as Local Pluginā€¦ā€ feature, it should reload all plugins with your new plugin code. This is not as fast (two or three clicks instead of one) but should work for this purpose.

2 Likes

Ah, thanks. Iā€™m so behind the times for plugin development.

2 Likes