Inverse Kinematics Control Instance for animation is now in Beta!

I had this same problem. The issue seemed to be that an animator instance was missing underneath the humanoid.

1 Like

for some reason, this doesnā€™t work with r6 (despite the claim that it supports r6) but works fine with r15.

i really want to test this out on some of my projects but they use r6 (sob)

A bit confused about what it means that itā€™s in beta.

It works perfectly fine for me in studio, but doesnā€™t work at all in actual game. Is it because itā€™s in beta?

pretty much. when you have to enable a beta feature in studio, it means it isnā€™t released though is accessible through studio.

eventually, theyā€™ll release it and make it usable in actual games

1 Like

this is just incredibly awesome
definitely something i would use when i figure out how to

1 Like

Common roblox developer tool update W

3 Likes

Did it work for you with R6 Rigs? if yes can you show us how did you set everything up?

Classic Baseplate - Roblox Studio (gyazo.com) I donā€™t think itā€™s working properlyā€¦ LOL

I donā€™t think this is intended either. Classic Baseplate - Roblox Studio (gyazo.com)

Just to clear one thingā€¦ Does this target IK for skinned meshes? Because now I can get back on Roblox Development. This lacking is why I left Roblox for a good year.

3 Likes

Will this ever be implemented as default character behavior for all games? (perhaps with a ā€˜IK Animationsā€™ toggle for developers)

2 Likes

Roblox studio mod manager my beloved

1 Like

Hmmā€¦ For some reason my custom rig built off mesh parts just wont solveā€¦

Iā€™ve followed the guide to the T, applying all things to the rig, even testing it as a character. But for some reason it just doesnt want to play ballā€¦ Nothing is anchored apart from the HRP. It works if I use it with R15 on a normal character so what am I doing wrongā€¦? Even the head wont turn.

6 Likes

help, it wonā€™t animate properly
The chain is foot, end is upperleg.
(I have a script that changes the direction of my uppertorso based off of where Iā€™m looking.)

1 Like

@sg3cko Would you be able to share how the walking demonstration video was made in your initial announcement, where the feet plant flat along the floor yet have a fluent walking animation? When I try to replicate the same results it seems to have quite a high number of bugs, or it will mess with the animation to make it have an awkward feeling, or sometimes (most of the time) both.

3 Likes

swap the chain and end which i think should fix it

Will the default Roblox animations be replaced with IK versions in the future? I would love it if I could have IK animations in all games rather than just games that integrate it. It would make player animations much more realistic and immersive.

3 Likes

Very cool. Iā€™m very impressed with roblox. I hope more great things come out. :slight_smile:

1 Like

At the moment, IKControls are meant as ā€œlow-levelā€ constraints and any behavior such as smoothing should be built on top of it using the Weight property. However there have been a few requests to add this option so we are considering it.

5 Likes

Definitely, we are working on making IKControls work with any motor6D setup as you mentioned and will be complete before we exit beta.
Custom poles with attachments will be released in about a week.

4 Likes