Is a game about plinko allowed?

Firstly I’d like to point out this post: Create Experiences for People 17 and Older on Roblox - #563 by LateNightDiner

Gambling portrayals are allowed as long as they are not playable, and unlike before, playable content that depicts gambling is not allowed even if you can’t buy currency for robux.

I want to make a game about plinko, the game where you drop a ball and it rolls down pins and randomly falls into a bucket. Because lootboxes are allowed, I am confused as to where the line is drawn. Is it an explicit portrayal of real-world gambling? Or just things with random chance that could be interpreted that way (other than lootboxes, I guess because you’re always getting something?)

Would a game like this be allowed? Different types of balls you can use and depending on the slot you get some tokens or the same type of ball back, or extra. Does this violate that guideline? Can I tweak it somehow? I do not plan on selling balls or tokens for robux.

3 Likes

I’ve seen plinko minigames on Roblox in the past before, and I do not believe it is explicitly gambling, especially for your idea. As long as you state what you can win and the fact that you might win nothing (and all bonuses given from the different balls), it should be compliant.

Create Experiences for People 17 and Older on Roblox - Updates / Announcements - Developer Forum | Roblox

I suppose you’ll be in the clear as long as you are allowed to gain something, and not hit an empty spot…