Is gacha counted as gambling?

I wanted to make a game that had gacha in it but would it be taken down?

1 Like

No, I don’t think it does, unless it has stuff that has gambling in it like betting ect.

1 Like

Gacha isn’t like betting. Its like you pay (using in-game currency) for a prize. You can get common, rare, or legendary

If you cant buy the in-game currency with robux then it isnt really breaking tos. I think not 100% sure.

2 Likes

100% should just read robloxs ToS on this tho just to be safe.

1 Like

Yeah Tos may be the best option to figure this out.

1 Like

I can agree with you but this isnt my topic.

2 Likes

Sorry about that. I will fix that right away

1 Like

It’s not against TOS
As long as you show players what they can possibly get from that loot crate or whatever you like to call it, it’s not against TOS.

Games like shootout and arsenal do it, so it fine as long as you do the above

2 Likes

No. It doesn’t.
Look at Adopt Me. You need to use in game currency for the same thing. Pets. Hell, you can even pay ROBUX for them.

1 Like

It is because you are shown the chance of getting the item and what it is.

1 Like

It’s just saying don’t make games that involve gambling or purchasing items with real money or Robux.

Also:

1 Like

Gacha is counted as lootboxes (paid random virtual items) unless there’s a condition where a player can roll nothing which then it’s gambling. Don’t let the different terminology fool you, follow the correct policy Roblox has for handling these cases.

1 Like

First, I didn’t know. And second I already found a forum that allowed me if I showed what they could earn and not have them pay robux. Thank you though!

That’s the system I’m going to add!

Even if it was gambling, plenty of games already have gambling. Adopt Me! and it’s main appeal is hooking kids into gambling. It remains the second most popular game.

Gacha isn’t gambling, as long as the chances are noted you will be fine.

For example:
Purple_Hat - 2%
Green_Hat - 3%

Just don’t make it:
Purple_Hat - ???%