Is it bannable to put bad words in a lua comment

it would never appear in the game, i just need to yell at my code

Nope…

I once put out whole curse statements in code bar and nun happened

1 Like

Sadly yes, this is in an official post:

3 Likes

Roblox has a “system that automatically checks code for inappropriate content.”. If you read the post linked by @neweve2323 Roblox doesn’t mind as long as “it’s not visible to players”. Despite this, I wouldn’t reccomend including any comments of that sort as you would rather not have one of the outsourced moderators examine all your code.

2 Likes

Isn’t the post talking about uploaded models?

1 Like

i additionally found this post that clarifies some things:

“we are not looking to punish anyone for using profanity in their code that is never seen by players”

however, the original post also says this:

“Just make sure the text you’re filtering is not visible to players (i.e. sent to the client) and all should be fine.”

this suggests LocalScripts and Legacy scripts may be subject to scrutiny. although invisible to legitimate players, they are “sent to the client”.

edit: additionally, Team Create and Live Scripting (although i don’t personally use them) complicate this distinction further. collaborators on a project are “clients” in the technical sense.

2 Likes

why would you want to do this?

1 Like

yelling at my code makes me a better programmer

7 Likes

for real though, it just takes extra effort to “filter” myself for roblox (hence why i very rarely chat in experiences) and i want to know what’s expected so i don’t slip up and get slammed for it.

1 Like