Is it possible to change escape menu?

Hey guys,

So I wanted to know if it was at all possible to change the escape menu?

I really would like to make a custom escape menu with interface of my own, but I want to know how to achieve this if possible.

Short answer, no.

There would probably be people who would abuse this feature. Same reason you can’t make a custom purchase gamepass notification to override or layer on top of the default one, for example. :man_shrugging:

EDIT: After seeing @Krunnie 's post it seems some kind of manipulation of the escape menu is/was possible. However, I would probably guess it is extremely hacky and looking in the replies it seems to somehow be using a broken version of TweenService. If it were a roblox endorsed feature, with APIs etc, I think more top games would be doing it! :smiley:

4 Likes

I think that it is possible to disable the ESC menu since you can make changes to it (as you can see here and here). Tho I think you’d be better off by asking in #development-support:scripting-support

4 Likes

Your answer is wrong, it’s impossible to change CoreGui directly, it’s kinda possible in studio, but in a running game, it’s 100% impossible.

It wouldn’t work because it has to be in a specific old version of roblox studio that’s been modded to allow corescript modding plus enabling a broken FFlag.

3 Likes

It’s most likely using a corescript override (studio only)

2 Likes

I said a very important key word here:

I’m no scripter so I can’t know that it’s a core script thing.

3 Likes

I see, but next time you should check the dev hub.

2 Likes

Under the replies of that tweet:

3 Likes