Is it possible to create custom Services / Functions / Events?

Hey!
So I am trying to make a custom service, and it has functions with it, and also events. How would I do this?
Note:
I am aware of module scripts and functions in them, but I’m talking about completely independent Services / Events / Functions.

1 Like

Kind of answers my question, how would you achieve making it a proper service tho? That method is just using a folder in ReplicatedStorage or somewhere.

Yeah, at best you can only simulate a service-like object.

Https would be the only way to make a service like connection with scripts

Out of curiosity what custom event/function instances would you be inclined to create (I’m fairly sure the existing ones cover most if not all bases).

Oh, it’s a custom anti-exploit system and I don’t want to really leak it (I’m kinda slow) and have someone take it and sell it (whereas im planning for a free release)

If you’re planning for a free release, I don’t think anyone selling anything would be an issue. Plus it would be against the ToS anyway.

Yes but what I mean is since I didn’t finish, it’s technically not mine, it’s happened before. This won’t stop anyone from claiming it as there’s and selling it on HiddenDevs or some sort for robux.

I mean, you can do what you want, but I don’t think that really matters. Who’d use a paid copy when the original updated version is free?

Ohh. I see where your at. I’m a slow scripter so they could just hire someone or some sort to do it in a day or two or something. Then sell it because I haven’t released my version yet.

At that point though, they could’ve just made their own version. The way I see it, what’s going to happen will happen anyway.

The only time I really see being secretive as beneficial is if you’re working on something very complex, and you’re wanting to release the full final version at once, which would discourage any competition. Assuming it’s for something paid though, otherwise there’s still not much of a point.

Either way, keep up the coding :+1:

1 Like