Is it possible to create Global Datastore using Profile-Service?

The data goes first to memory store (And being changed in it), then backups time by time into a datastore, and if there’s no current data in memory store, take it from datastore and put in memory store, repeat?

1 Like

Yes, that’s the idea.

The MemoryStore is for your game purposes - the DataStore is there as your backup.

If your game is big enough though, a data expiry will probably never happen, but it’s just a contingency.

Data in MemoryStore will expire only if it haven’t been changed for the time you put in?
I asked it because of this

If your game is big enough though, a data expiry will probably never happen

I mentioned this in another reply:

Also, MemoryStore data refreshes when it is overwritten…

Please read the tutorial if you still have questions.

ok so if I overwrite data (basically update it?), then the expiration time will update to X

If expiration date is idk 10 minutes
and I save backup every 1 minute, is it good or bad (will it lag or something)?

No, as long as you delegate the job of saving the data into a datastore to just a single server.

Also, there’s no need to set the expiry time that short, especially if you don’t have a lot of data to handle.

if I have 10 items (example) in a game
and every time player gets one I add existing amount +1 to a memory store with expiration date 30 days
and save backup probably every hour (And there like idk 5-10 servers)

Will it be bad?

No.

As I’ve said, please read the tutorial if you need the specifics for what you just asked.

I am reading through tutorial and almost ended reading it, then I will read documentation

“No” means it will not be bad?

I am reading through tutorial and almost ended reading it, then I will read documentation

Give this a read, and you’ll understand that it’s totally fine to do what you’re suggesting.

I don’t think I can provide anymore input to your problem that hasn’t already been elaborated in that page.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.