Is it possible to make the scrollingbar start at the bottom?

I’m trying to make a custom chat system. I feel like to give a more user-friendly experience with the chat system, it would make sense for the users to scroll up to view older messages.

I’ve currently got my chat messages positioned at the bottom of the frame (thanks to UI layouts)
However, I can’t seem to make my scrolling bar start at the bottom of the list. Is this even possible? And if so, how can I do it? Otherwise, if it’s not possible, is the best solution to create newer messages at the top and older messages at the bottom (basically the opposite of the chat system)

Also, I’m not sure if this fits in with this category or if it goes in a design category. If it’s not in the right place, feel free to move it.

Any help is appreciated. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

ScrollingFrames have a property called CanvasPosition which basically determines at what point the frame is currently scrolled at.image

All you need to do is change the position of it to the end of the scrolling frame every time a new message is sent to the chat.

ScrollingFrame.CanvasPosition = Vector2.new(0,99999) --u can change the second value of the Vector2 to the maximum size of the ScrollingFrame in pixels, but if u leave it at a large number it will automatically go to the end
16 Likes

Works well, thank you! :slight_smile:

3 Likes