Is manual/custom filtering against the rules? If so, any alternatives?

I’m trying to generate random fictional license plates that are safe for anyone of all ages to view.
Using Roblox’s filtering services, I can filter the letters just fine, but trying to filter the letters and numbers in the same request results in an always-filtered message.

The plates are in a format similar to AAA-000, where A is a letter and 0 is a number. These would have to be filtered separately.

I was thinking of using a section of a UUID generated by HttpService:GenerateGUID to generate the numbers, then just using a random selection of letters and running it through Roblox’s filter for publicly visible text.

The only thing left would be to manually filter out common “inappropriate number combinations” manually, and I’m not sure if this is allowed. I’ve tried to identify on my own if it is with a decent amount of searching, but was unable to find anything official. This is the only thing I need to verify for this to work, as everything else works great so far.

tl;dr: Can I manually filter inappropriate number combinations, or is that against Roblox’s rules and/or terms? Is having code to do so in my game against the rules? etc.

1 Like

You are allowed to make a custom filter as an addition to the Roblox filter. Aslong as Roblox’s filter is used at some point in the process it’s fine.

Any source for this? I should’ve clarified that a source would be optimal since I really want to make sure I’m in the clear here.

1 Like
1 Like

Thanks. I guess I suck at keyword searching since I never used ‘chat’ in my searches seeing as it’s not for chat, lol.

Sorry I didn’t find this without making a thread. Thanks for the help.

1 Like