Is medicine allowed?

So in my game players can suffer a wide variety of different effects which can often be life threatening,

(icons are not made by me)

To make it easier for the players to cure such afflictions I just wanted to add simple medical solutions that can also be taken into consideration for real life such as tylenol for headaches and not so realistic solutions such as various different antibiotics and opiates for organ damage.

What I want to know is are medical items like pill bottles allowed if they are not abused and provide no drug-like side effect?

2 Likes

I think it is not allowed, since medications are drugs, which are not allowed.

2 Likes

Maybe you could redesign them into something else. Like for example, Adopt Me! uses golden apples.

You can read through the tos to see anything changed because this was from 3 years ago.

Just as @Doomcolp said, which is also the safe way, which is just to make them not appear to be drugs or something that’d be mistaken for drugs.

1 Like

It’s technically not allowed, but as one of the most popular Roblox game, doors, has it, I think it depends.

You should make sure they aren’t mistaken as a drug, and if so I think it’s fine.

I’ve seen some games use drugs that exist in real life (the less serious ones like morphine), but if you are planning on adding all the drugs from Barotrauma into your game then you will definitely get banned mostly because of the more serious addiction causing drugs like methamphetamine.

From what I’ve seen, most games that have medicine in them have it as a potion or they put it in an entirely different container.

I recall playing a game that actually had buffs in it, which were these small cans with fluid in them.
And if you used them your character would physically inject them into their arm, though there was no needle or syringe.
They’re just those cylinder-shaped containers or cans and all your character does is touch their own arm with it and it plays a “tssss!” sound or something.

They also don’t really use any real medicine names.
They’re simply called stuff like “muscle milk”, “respiration booster”, “tissue reconstruction serum”.

Which pretty much translates to “strength buff”, “stamina buff” and “regeneration”.

So my guess is that if you make it look sci-fi, leave out the needles and don’t use or reference real life medicine directly you could maybe do it?

If you want the absolute safest route though, make it magic potions instead that cure fictional diseases and whatnot.
Like a colored potion that cures a fictional disease that causes your skin to turn green and makes you very slow.

Though to be fair, Roblox should REALLY update their ToS and be less vague about it because I run into stuff like this as well at times.

Roblox objectively has one of the vaguest and most unclear ToS rules I’ve ever seen.
I sometimes wonder if we can’t just ask a staff member directly.

5 Likes

Ask yourself: “Is this something that can be taken irl to alter state of mind?”

For each item, if the answer is “yes”, don’t implement it.

PRO-TIP: common sense goes a long way

I’ll try doing something like this. Thanks for the answer.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.