Is my DEMO of my game, "Alya", okay?

I made this game quickly, today. it’s gonna be sorta like a story game, based off me, following the character, or OC Alya.

disclaimer: Alya is not my name, and this is unrelated to the previous post.

Screenshots for those in a hurry. ;w;’

yes, the black bars are suppost to be there. ;w;’

edit: fixed a spelling error in my post. XD

7 Likes

where can we play it? How are we supposed to test your game if you dont give us a link

1 Like

Oh, sorry, excuse me, I forgot to add it. ;o;
i’ll add it real quick- QwQ
edit: fixed some errors in this text and added the link ;w;

1 Like

I keep getting stuck on the loading screen, saying that LoadIcon is not a valid member of frame. If you quickly fix this, I’d be more than happy to test.

1 Like

ok, i’ll simply remove it for now.
edit: removed it. ;w;
edit 2: re-added it, and fixed it. it shouldn’t get stuck on the loading screen anymore.

1 Like

Hello! I played your game a bit and I just wanted to say that I hope that you continue it!
I think that the room looks pretty decent and I think it’s pretty nice that you added a loading screen. I also really liked that there is a blur effect when you turn the camera. What I also think is really nice is that you changed the players appearence. I had a bit of trouble with reading what was in the diary since I couldn’t really zoom in or out and it seemed like you forgot to anchor something while building, but I only noticed that after a while of looking around. Anyways, I really hope that you add more of the story in the future since there wasn’t really that much to do other than reading the dairy, but it could also be that I missed something! It was pretty good for only being a WIP and I can’t wait to see what you do in the future!
I hope I was able to help you in some way, since this was the first time that I tried to give someone feedback on their game.

2 Likes

thank you for the feedback!

I had a bit of trouble with reading what was in the diary since I couldn’t really zoom in or out

not much in the diary, to be honest. -w-’
here’s a better look at it, though.

-w-’
(if you can’t read the text, it says:
“Not sure what to write this day… -Alya”
“Not sure what to write this day, either. -Alya”)
this is basically just the area, there will be more areas, no real “story” parts of the game are added, yet. -w-’

it’s gonna be like kinda like Minecraft story mode, don’t worry, you don’t pay for episodes unlike Minecraft story mode XD

1 Like

My opinion on your game:
The point of view and not being able to turn is really annoying to me… the assets inside need work. Add window frame, Bed much too small, room too small, writing hard to read etc.
The POV in which you set it to makes it hard to actually look outside and all I was really able to see was a sideways plant.

I can’t comment on the story because there is none but for demo it seems fine. I thought it to be pretty funny to have a picture of yourself (roblox character)
I hope this helped.

2 Likes

It looks pretty cool, but I wish you’d turn down the motion blur a lot, make the black bars a lot smaller, and you should cut back on lag by removing the tree animations. It reduced by FPS to 11. To be fair, I don’t have the best computer, but it also isn’t the worst computer, and it’s a lot better than a mobile device. So, if you plan to have your game played on mobile, you must cut back on lag.

Edit: I just realized this article was from 8 months ago… Sorry for bumping.

1 Like