Is my upcoming and first project going to be copyrighted?

Hello, before I get into the topic I want to say this is my first post so if I’m in the wrong category, please do not be mean about it. I’ll delete this post and take it over there.

I want to make a Fallout roleplay project but I’m worried if it’s going to get removed and marked copyright. The project is going to be based on the video game, Fallout: New Vegas. I do not want to say the name but my question is, will the setting of the game and the title be copyright and removed? Please give me any ideas and suggestions so I can try to prevent copyright from getting involved. Thanks!

1 Like

there already is games role playing other games i even have seen a fallout one so i dont think you will be copyrighted at most you will get a warning as far as i know. and moving this to game design help would make more sense.

Ok, thank you. I will delete this post and take it over there, thanks!

1 Like

You don’t need to delete, just change the category.

As long as you don’t use other games assets or models or anything you won’t get even a warning. I mean look at Jailbreak and Mad City - two very successful games with a very similar concept. Ideas can expand and become what they are today. Just don’t do the things I listed below, and also take some time to read this other forum about copyright!

Hopefully this helped! Have a good day! :happy3:

As long as you avoid infringing on IP you should be fine.

1 Like

theirs a lot of role play games already out there. so you should be okay in this. as long as nothing is used in your game that is directly from the actual owners of the franchise (kinda like what happen to Pokemon brick bronze) so you should be ok

yeah its gonna be okay. but for a roleplay game you should make it clear as to what the factions are inspired off of since you might change the name of the NCR to something else.

Hello, I read the link you sent me. Thank you for sending me it because I was confused and debating all day if I should go along with the project or not! Once again, thanks! :slightly_smiling_face:

Oof I deleted the wrong reply but I get what you’re saying, Many thanks!

Alright, thanks! :slightly_smiling_face: