Is there a new version of the Dragger object?

Hello, my fellow scripters.
In another Topic, where I asked about how it is possible to move a part by the player and using collisions.
Read them to get more infos: Topic1 and Topic2

So I found a way to solve this using Dragger, it does what I want, it cuts no surfaces

But it seems like it is using the old dragging system of the studio, it isn’t as smooth as the new dragger of the current building tools.
So my question is:
Is there a newer version or similar type of that thing that uses collision and is smooth?

If not then I need to set back to this topic, where I try to solve that collision thingy on my own.
(I would also be thankful if you give ideas and tips according to the question of the other topics)

2 Likes

Btw, when I have the final result, I will merge all three topics and do something like a tutorial I guess.

I realise this is an old post, but I stumbled across it while trying to solve a similar problem (that I have since solved). I’m assuming you haven’t solved the problem at this point. This won’t be an outright solution, but rather a push in the right direction. To put it bluntly, you’re better off using Raycasting, much like you tried in your second post.

However, to comment on a potential solution within the aforementioned second post, you’re better off using UserInputService, :GetMouseLocation() and ViewportPointToRay.

There’s a whole bunch of resources to help you with that in this post here.

You might also find this post useful. Assuming you manage to make that post’s solution work with a mouse instead of tap, you can just do RaycastResult.Position with a little extra math + coding to get your desired result.

I hope this helps anyone else who stumbles across this post!

1 Like

Thanks, Imma keep that in mind.
Currently I have found a workaround for this problem but the illusion of the game would be more powerful if I solve the problem.
So thanks this will definitely be a help!