Is There A Way To Change Where Notifications Pop Out?

My problem is that the notification sent by the SendNotification in SetCore is in the same place where my mapGui is. I am not sure if it is possible to change where the notification pops out, but I thin I saw someone do it once.

2 Likes

They’re probably using a custom API that looks like the CoreGui notifications windows but aren’t actually. There is no option to change the positioning of SetCore notifications, it’s anchored to the bottom right.

1 Like

Wait you can make custom APIs? sense when. I feel like a noob now

You always could. I call it custom API but I don’t think that’s a proper name - it really depends on how you structure your code or whatever you prefer. Like for example, I can have a ModuleScript that handles notifications for players.

local NotificationsModule = {}

NotificationsModule.Notify = function(args)
    print(unpack(args)) -- whatever
end

return NotificationsModule

Or whatever you’d like.

You can modify the core script and implement it yourself instead of using SetCore. It can be found here: https://github.com/Roblox/Core-Scripts/blob/master/CoreScriptsRoot/CoreScripts/NotificationScript2.lua

2 Likes

So by making a custum API you mean using gui objects likr frames, text labels etc?

Not entirely, no. What I mean is by making your own handler for notifications. GUI objects would be used for interfaces or displaying things.

Here is a way to wrap your head around it.

So lets take the Part Instance. There are methods built into it such as :Destroy() :FindFirstChild() and properties like Size and Position that you can use and modify at anytime for whatever you want to do. You can make “Objects” like that in Lua, they won’t show up explorer because only Roblox can create objects in C++, but they still exist and can be very useful.

Simple use case:
Want to make a “Truck Object” you could write code that would make it very simple to create and handle a lot of trucks.

You could set the code up for spawning and handling turning and physics to be just

local TruckVehicle = Truck.New();

and then say you wanted to flip the truck you could code it so all you need to do is

TruckVehicle:Flip();

Anyways there are plenty of better use cases and people who can explain it better that I just did. I suggest you read into Object Orientated Programing and all the fun things associated with it.

1 Like

Thats what you use a module for right? It seems over complicated would it bot be easier to add a gui frame that pops out and in again as a essensial part of the ui insted of creat a whole flipin system and API just for this simple task?

The Api is already created. You would literally just edit the source code to move the pop-out to where you would prefer it to come from. I was just explaining how API creation could work.

You can edit the source code? Tell me how.

Literally copy/pasta that into a module or something and edit away.

WAIT YOU CAN? I was just joking. I’ll just make a custom notification.