Is there a way to detect scripts in 2 games?

So what i’m trying to do is a battle royale game. And i want the player to be able to equip a skin from the lobby(The first place) and then when they load into a solos match(The second Place) they are wearing the skin that they equipped in the lobby.

1 Like

Use TeleportPartyAsync and the teleport data parameter (I’m assuming you teleport multiple people at once).

2 Likes

Sort of, so what i did is in the lobby there is only 1 player per server and in the solos game 100 players can be in a server. So im only teleporting 1 player.

1 Like

Hey there!

If both of your places are under the same game, then saving the skin using datastoreservice could work.

Just make sure you name the datastore the same in both places and have the skin ready to access in both places.

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Ok tysm, idk if this works but ima try this tomorrow.

1 Like

I’m assuming the place in which players fight is a private server reserved with a script.
If so, you should use TeleportService:TeleportToPrivateServer function.

It allows you to pass custom data to a new place using 5th parameter.
Then, when player joins the second place, you can get the data using Player:GetJoinData.

Players.PlayerAdded:Connect(function(player)
  local dataPassed = player:GetJoinData().TeleportData
end)

Using a DataStore is not the best idea, teleport data provide safe, reliable and easy way of passing the data to another game place.

1 Like

I have heard of teleportdata, but everybody says it is unsafe and easy for hackers to tamper with.

Also, I ran across a post and one of the developers ran across a thing called “Bundle Giver”.

You may find it here:

I haven’t looked into it much, but you can throw a character together and save it as an id, which I am assuming you could save and load when teleporting to another place.

1 Like

Ok tysm, ill try and see if this works

Ok, ill look into this, and see what happens

How is loading an R15 appearance related to teleporting between places?
Teleport data is safe as long as you use it on a server. Roblox uses encryption to guarantee safety while teleporting a player from a server script, so even if the exploiter manages to overwrite the teleport data, it will be set to nil.

The operator made this post so he can figure out how to save a player’s equipped skin across to another place when teleporting.

It is related because he wants to load the R15 character into the place you teleport to, the same skin you equipped in the lobby.

1 Like

Yes that’s exactly what im trying to achieve