Is there a way to disable tool autoequip on pickup?

This won’t work the way intended though, especially if you store tools in a folder for a extended amount of time.

well ok, you said autoequip as in you picked it up.

didn’t reply to you on purpose as you were not the intended recipient : )

anyways, I ran my code with these added lines

local TimesFired = 0
--inside the function--
TimesFired+=1
print(TimesFired)

I put this script in a game notoriously known for its memory leaks: Armored patrol

Loading the player, touching the “choose a team” button and respawning only fired the event a grand total of… 3 times.
Spawning a vehicle, Throwing a grenade, and respawning again brought that number to 7.

the function only fires when an instance is added to workspace, this does NOT include the children of those instance, the effects of the function being used as intended did not tank the performance of the server, all it does is literally check if something exists and removes it if it does.

since you seem so proud of your hubris on the subject of optimization, go ahead and supply OP with an efficient method of removing the touchtransmitter. I’ve already done more than enough to assist and even bring an eligible solution to his issue.

also do note that tool pickups are serversided, using a localscript to remove the touchedtransmitter only results in the player picking up the tool when touched.