Is there a way to import a Blender file as 1 file but have multiple MeshParts?

Not entirely sure if this is the correct category for this, but I have a serious modeling question.

Is there a way to import a gun onto Roblox studio from Blender without having to build it all over again?

For example, if you have a mesh and import it onto Roblox studio, it becomes 1 MeshPart, what if you wanted to script each individual part of an item such as a gun? You can’t script it with just 1 MeshPart

Sorry if this seems extremely dumb, I’m just really confused right now.

2 Likes

you have to import the mesh into the game explorer (which is located in the view tab)

What cornman said, and then make sure to tick “Import as single Mesh” in the window that pops up.

1 Like

Is this efficient? I have heard of this but multiple people told me it doesn’t work. What do you do after you have selected “Import as Single Mesh”?

Not sure on exactly what you mean. Do you have each object separated in Blender already and it imports to studio as a single mesh?

It guess it depends on what exactly you’re trying to do. I don’t really use the import as single mesh option because my blender models are separated by what I need (body parts as separate objects, for example).

Yeah, this can be confusing. Basically, I want to import a mesh onto Roblox studio, but instead of having a ton of files, can this be done with just 1 single file? So, for instance I could import a gun from Blender, but on Roblox studio it can be separated onto a lot of different parts so you can then color each part on Roblox Studio.

I guess if I tried making a low poly house on Blender, and then I imported it onto Roblox, if I chose to color the door green, it would color the entire house green. I want this to not take place if it’s possible.

This was an example.

Yes it can, but you first need to make sure you have it exported correctly. I usually do this with an OBJ file. After clicking export as OBJ, look at the bottom left and there should be some options. It should have Objects as OBJ Objects checked as default. Make sure you uncheck that and check Objects as OBJ Groups instead.

When importing the file, do it through the game explorer

8 Likes

You can work with Vertex paint in blender, it imports the mesh with colours already on.
Just go to the “Vertex paint” tab and click “M” and once you’re done export it to roblox.

I currently use Blender 2.7, personally I am not a big fan of 2.8.

https://gyazo.com/6d1c42e983b3e38008c8029956f4cbb1

Should be similar
You need to click Wavefront (obj.) first. The options should be on the bottom left

@Nosniy I also left a small tutorial in here

It should by default split your meshes, if it doesnt make sure the Import mesh files as single mesh option in studio settings is disabled.image

3 Likes