Is there a way to optimize the "Future" lighting technologie to avoid lags?[Solved]

Hello, I am building the map of my game that is an underground facility containing a “reactor core”

and as you can see in the images I am using the “Future” lighting technologie that gives a very beautifull lighting ,but my issue is the lags caused by it!
I tried to get rid of the lags by disabling the “shadows” properties in every lights but it did not remove all of the lags
and then I saw a roblox experience called “SCP: Roleplay” : SCP: Roleplay - Roblox

S3Update4

SCP: Roleplay is a very good game I recommend 100% Playing it, SCP: Roleplay’s map is an underground type facility similar to the style of my game and the “Future” technologie is used in “SCP: Roleplay” but I cant understand how did they do to have no lags, when I play SCP: Roleplay I get a nice 60 FPS with the game quality set to maximum!
and my question is “How Did They Do?!”

1 Like

and There is something weird I noticed while playing “SCP: Roleplay” when I cilck out of the roblox game window the lights disappears in the game and everything look dark but the moment when I click the game window and get back playing, the lights turn back to normal (maybe this have someting to do with the fluidity of SCP: Roleplay??)

I’m having the same problem in my game. I have not tried this but, I would see if the performance is improved if you try running your game in the Roblox player instead of running it through studio.

I already tried that it changed nothing

there must be another way to optimize the “Future” lighting technologie.

I believe it really comes to how much you optimised your games meshes and lighting. I’m seeing a lot of cylinders, and high fidelity models, with lots of texturing, which I believe could add an unnecessary amount of load onto your GPU causing frame drop.

From the looks of it the SCP game has probably employed a number of mesh performance strategies. Involving lowering polygon count, re-using meshes, limiting the quality of textures, using parts where viable, avoiding using too many unions. (you dont have much control over the polycount of a union, not to mention the way it is handled is basically another mesh).

Make sure to avoid to have many lights, instead having single lights with high brightness.

Another possibility is that they are loading in and loading out objects, depending on how far away you are from them.

2 Likes

I said I already disabled the “shadows” properties in every lights of the game

this is a very good observation I also think SCP: Roleplay’s map is composed of many meshes that limits the amounts of lags, as for the “loading in and loading out objects” thing I can confirm it because one day I was playing SCP: Roleplay then I managed to move my camera outside a wall and I noticed that areas of the game were loading and unloading I suspect the workspace’s:
“StreamingEnabled” (Workspace | Roblox Creator Documentation) propertie being used
now I am going to try all these advices and see if it works

yes using more meshes to avoid lags works!
I recommend to read this tutorial that focuses on MeshParts usage:MeshPart Usage, Performance & Optimizations
it helps a lot

1 Like