Is there a way to use streaming enabled and whitelist parts?

My goal is to make my game load faster. When I turn streaming enabled on, my loading screen breaks as it moves the player’s camera from part to part.

Is there a way to whitelist these parts or even choose specific blocks to not load in?

FYI: The loading script changes the camera of the player locally

1 Like

You cant turn streaming enabled off.

He’s talking about making certain parts not effected by streaming enabled. He wants it to be enabled but only for certain parts.

If your attempting to get a part in the workspace like in the example below, switch it to “WaitForChild(“NameOfPart”,math.huge)” which will wait for it to load which will also prevent errors.

So switch this:

workspace.WeirdFolder.Part

to this:

workspace:WaitForChild("WeirdFolder"):WaitForChild("Part",math.Huge)

You only need to add the math.huge after the waitforchild’s part name when its an actual object (Part, MeshPart, Union, Ect) Folders don’t have stremaingenabled applied to them since you cant see them in game. So basically only add the math.Huge with objects that are actually visible within game.

Not my workaround but I can confirm this does work. All you really have to do is clone the folder u want to whitelist into replicated storage. Then on the client you would just delete the folder and then clone it from replicated storage. Then just load the character once its complete.

3 Likes