Is there an easier and better way to making roads?

I have been making a map for my upcoming game and roads will play a large part in it as it is a driving game. What plugins do you think are best for making roads? Most Road plugins are out of date or take up wayyy too many parts and is just not viable.

Thanks!

6 Likes

The best way is always to do it by yourself. Try using blender or something to create roads.

6 Likes

Be specific, dirt paths and things like that can be made with terrain editor. But legit asphalt roads can be easily made with 2 plugins, Build V4 and GapFill!

2 Likes

That is how I make my roads, but your style could be different.

Make roads modular if you can. Make a bunch of different parts of a road such as a wide turn, straight road, quick turn, etc. and you can use them like building blocks by putting them together.

Or the east way out is terrain.

Use Archimedes plugins it super good for making curve road

The best ay to create roads is to make a mesh for it, but if you don’t know how to make meshes, then this plugin may help.

1 Like

Blender in the future will not required.
When the new Materials rollout, the Asphalt material allows you to easily part model realistic looking roads.

@VegetationBush"s suggestion:

This is the best option in my opinion. It’s incredibly easy to make roads with this plugin. It’s really flexible and customizable too, very good overall. Essential if you want to build cities quickly and easily, trust me. You don’t need to mess around with meshes or textures, everything (including the center line and asphalt textures) is already there. You should give it a try.

Blender isn’t necessarily for textures, it’s to create a smoothly curved and well made road object. It’s generally better and easier to make things in there instead of using parts in roblox studio. They’re good enough, but hardly flexible unlike meshes and tools in blender.

I tried this however my part count skyrocketed. Not sure if I am doing it right though.

Maybe watch a tutorial and make a road in blender and just copy and paste it in roblox studio.

Try this for example, I understand this is for curved roads but the first 4 minutes is about making a straight road, but you can always make it longer. Once completed just export it into Roblox Studio with texture and just copy and paste it:

takes lots of time, would not recommend

3 Likes

you could try exporting parts of the same material and color as a mesh to reduce it

This is all well, and good until the person’s desire is to make intersections, and stuff which would be slightly difficult to texture n this case. You can use bones, and this method too, but the outcome is the same. Struggling with the intersections